Interesting Wisconsin Trout Unlimited Study

tightlines57

Reaction score
There was a good article in Flyfisherman about 3 years ago about the driftless area. I grew up in NE Iowa fishing many of the streams mentioned. Want to hit them up again on my next trip back, whenever that may be.

Fly2Fish

Reaction score
There was a good article in Flyfisherman about 3 years ago about the driftless area. I grew up in NE Iowa fishing many of the streams mentioned. Want to hit them up again on my next trip back, whenever that may be.
Funny you mentioned that, Tightlines. First time ever I went trout fishing it was up in that area. Fishing fanatic buddy of mine at the University of Iowa was an Iowa native (unlike myself), so he knew where to go. First time I'd ever had a fish I could see rise and strike my fly. I'd fished a lot before then for other fish - both salt and fresh - but never looked back after that experience. Those were good times!

tightlines57

Reaction score
Funny you mentioned that, Tightlines. First time ever I went trout fishing it was up in that area. Fishing fanatic buddy of mine at the University of Iowa was an Iowa native (unlike myself), so he knew where to go. First time I'd ever had a fish I could see rise and strike my fly. I'd fished a lot before then for other fish - both salt and fresh - but never looked back after that experience. Those were good times!
I see you live in the Houston area now. Prior to moving to AZ we lived in Atascocita (Humble) for 6 years. Caught a lot of bass out of Lake Houston as well as cats, crappie and sunfish.