Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello there

1. Default Hello there

Hey I just joined the site. Looks like some great info available. I'm not much of a fly fisherman yet. More of a hack than anything. I'm from the Dallas/FortWorth area. Ever once in a while I like to venture up to Beavers Bend, OK to chase some trout, but mostly I fish when I trapse back home to the countryside to visit family. Lot of fun flipping flies at sunfish in the ponds on family farm & around the North end of Lake Fork.
    I also have a question, I have an old 5Star Garcial Conolon 8.5' Fly Rod that has never seen water before. It was a gift to me from my brother & is still in the original canvas case. Is there anyone that can tell me what the rod is worth? My dad bought me an antique automatic reel for it as well. I don't know the make on the reel at the moment. I'm afraid to use it, so I just have a cheap combo kit that I fish with.

Default Re: Hello there

Welcome to the group. I'm gradually moving out of the MetroMess myself.

That rod you mentioned could be worth a dinner for 2+ at 3 Forks, though I can't say for sure. Some folks with more specific knowledge should pipe up pretty quick.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello there

Welcome to the Forum. Hold on to that rod, your own piece of fly fishing history!!
    Davo
    My worst day on the water beats my best day anywhere else hands down!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures

4. Default Re: Hello there

Yeah that's why I was afraid to use it. Maybe I should build a pvc hard case to store it in, so it doesn't get damaged.