Hello there

ElijahTurtle

Reaction score
Hey I just joined the site. Looks like some great info available. I'm not much of a fly fisherman yet. More of a hack than anything. I'm from the Dallas/FortWorth area. Ever once in a while I like to venture up to Beavers Bend, OK to chase some trout, but mostly I fish when I trapse back home to the countryside to visit family. Lot of fun flipping flies at sunfish in the ponds on family farm & around the North end of Lake Fork.
I also have a question, I have an old 5Star Garcial Conolon 8.5' Fly Rod that has never seen water before. It was a gift to me from my brother & is still in the original canvas case. Is there anyone that can tell me what the rod is worth? My dad bought me an antique automatic reel for it as well. I don't know the make on the reel at the moment. I'm afraid to use it, so I just have a cheap combo kit that I fish with.

BigCliff

Reaction score
Welcome to the group. I'm gradually moving out of the MetroMess myself.

That rod you mentioned could be worth a dinner for 2+ at 3 Forks, though I can't say for sure. Some folks with more specific knowledge should pipe up pretty quick.

ElijahTurtle

Reaction score
Yeah that's why I was afraid to use it. Maybe I should build a pvc hard case to store it in, so it doesn't get damaged.