How are the Water Levels Where You Live?

FrankB2

Reaction score
The water levels are LOW in SE Pennsylvania! My wife and I were fishing the Delaware (Bucks County stretch) yesterday, and barely got the tops of our boots wet. That's not entirely true, as Yvonne tripped while wading, and was wet to the top of her chest waders. The Neshaminy Creek looks like Death Valley, and I haven't even bothered chasing the fish in the few holes that are left. While there's been a mild rain this afternoon, it really hasn't rained much here this summer. I canoed the same section of the Delaware at the exact same time last year (with Frank Jr), and the water has receeded at least 60-70 feet from the banks! Needless to say, the fishing has become very difficult, and it's a game of finding pools.

ssjchar

Reaction score
it is crazy high here. well not so much anymore, but still a lot higher than what it usually is. the river is about 3 feet higher than what it usually is, and earlier this year it was probably 4 or 5 feet higher than what it is now. We've had sooo much water this year that its been crazy.

ant

Reaction score
Tell me about it Frank. The past couple weeks have just outright sucked. I have a few trips planned out to some of the local lakes hoping things might be a little better there, but I'm not being too optimistic.

Supposed to rain Tuesday. Fingers crossed.....

FrankB2

Reaction score
Speaking of lakes, Anthony, I dropped a rod and reel into the local lake a couple years ago. The water was 20 feet deep there, but maybe I'll be able to spot it now.... :eek::D

ssjchar,
Where's here? I'm trying to find out if this is a nationwide thing. ;)

ant

Reaction score
LOL

Tie a magnet to the end of your fly line and you can go fishing for it!

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
The rivers here are starting to drop now after over 60 days of rain. Yes I said 60 days. I managed to catch fish over the past three weeks but it has been a challenge. I wasn't going to go to Kodiak this fall but I might make the trip and hope it isn't raining there, right, it always rains there.

Rip Tide

Reaction score
I was out at our camp over the weekend and the brook that flows through the property was nearly dry. There were 7 little brookies in the pool that we use to wash-up in and there was no way for them to get out. Rocks above, dry stream bed below. Fortunately, it's been raining steady for the last 27 hours and it isn't over yet so my little buddies will survive :D

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
The rivers here are starting to drop now after over 60 days of rain. Yes I said 60 days. I managed to catch fish over the past three weeks but it has been a challenge. I wasn't going to go to Kodiak this fall but I might make the trip and hope it isn't raining there, right, it always rains there.
Ard: I hope you make it over there again this year, it couldn't possibly be as bad wx as last year's experience (could it?).

Larry

ant

Reaction score
WikiAnswers - What is the largest lake in California
California question: What is the largest lake in California? Salton Sea.
:cool:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
hint #2: its the largest lake in california. i actually don't live there, but have fished there a lot.
Is this Pyramid Lake?

Larry,

We are trying to get things coordinated so Nancy can meet me there and I will hope for better weather but I've gotta say the weather keeps the crowds down :)

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could you send us a little water Ard;)....all streams and rivers are very low here:(

milt spawn

Reaction score
the salton sea is correct. its roughly 360 square miles in area and it ain't no garden spot. probably some of the harshest fishing conditions on this planet. pyramid lake (the famous one) is about 45 min north of reno, nv and harbors the worlds largest cuttthroats.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

LOL

will a magnet work on an aluminum reel?

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

LOL

will a magnet work on an aluminum reel?

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
The water levels here in Florida are normal or above. We are coming out of a severe drought and the lakes had been very low. Too low to launch at many boat launches. Now we have lots of water and yard watering restrictions have been reduced in most areas.

Frank