Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to use Photobucket to post images

Default How to use Photobucket to post images

Hopefully this will become a sticky so that members can use Photobucket without the fees.

Photobucket has started to charge if you want to post your images in NAFF. See this:
    Terms | Photobucket
    "Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting."

If you don’t upgrade and try to post you get this in place of your image:

Here is how to use the free account to post.
    I had to post my instructions below as an image file to get the text to show up because I am using sample commands in my post. I just loaded onto my Photobucket account to see if my new images worked. You can see that I can now post my images below:

Last edited by silver creek; 07-03-2017 at 05:47 PM.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

2. Likes stenacron, Ard, flyminded, cb liked this post
  3. Wink Re: How to use Photobucket to post images

yess cool idea ,,i want to upload new photos ..))

Default Re: How to use Photobucket to post images

Or just boycott them and use other free sites like Imgur or apps like Tapatalk.

If enough people ditch Photobucket they might reverse the decision and fix the millions of p500'd images that now plague every forum out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    Q: How many turns on a whip finish? A: "Enough to cover your mistakes" - AK Best

5. Likes kentuckysteve liked this post

I am "shopping" around for an alternative now. I finally downloaded all of my pictures from PB, man that was a pain. I'll have to check out imgur a bit more, I haven't really found anything that works very well for me yet.

Looks like your instructions / images are not working.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teledan View Post
    I am "shopping" around for an alternative now. I finally downloaded all of my pictures from PB, man that was a pain. I'll have to check out imgur a bit more, I haven't really found anything that works very well for me yet.
    I moved over to Imgbb, love how fast I can upload multiple photos and also grab the code to link multiple photos on the forum.
    Larry

9. Likes spm, plecain, Ard, don_p liked this post
    Blog Entries

Although I appreciated Silver's innovative work at finding a chink in the blockade from PB, I also expected they would spot the weakness and close that door also. My fix was simple, I am now uploading any images I wish to share to my website media files and like Larry mentioned about his alternative my uploads are faster and since I own the site there should be no surprises.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

11. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Thanks Larry, I have started using Postimage and it seems to work ok. I may check out imgbb though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    My fix was simple, I am now uploading any images I wish to share to my website media files and like Larry mentioned about his alternative my uploads are faster and since I own the site there should be no surprises.
    I did the same. I had an old website that I hadn't used much.
    Now I just have to fix the links in my old posts - PIA.
    Today is always the first day of the rest of your life.
    Use it wisely.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    Although I appreciated Silver's innovative work at finding a chink in the blockade from PB, I also expected they would spot the weakness and close that door also. My fix was simple, I am now uploading any images I wish to share to my website media files and like Larry mentioned about his alternative my uploads are faster and since I own the site there should be no surprises.
    This is probably a silly question but is there any way the forum can just turn something on or off and we can just copy/paste a photo or some other simple method that does not involve joining another site or having your own website ?
    Spey Nation Man ! Spey Rules !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast