Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: polarized sunglasses- what color lenes best for fishing ?

1. polarized sunglasses- what color lenes best for fishing ?

what color lens best for fishing ?
    any comments about okuma slv fly reels ?
    thanks !
    j. nadler
    docn5

2. Default Re: polarized sunglasses- what color lenes best for fishing ?

I like a light bronze or amber. Gives me better vision on cloudy days, early morning or late evening.

Default Re: polarized sunglasses- what color lenes best for fishing ?

I prefer a brown/amber/copper sort of tint.

My favorite are photochromatic lenses that get darker or lighter depending on how much sun there is. It's nice to have them start out light in the early morning fog, then darken as the sun burns the fog away and starts beating down in earnest.

Myfavorite fishing glasses by far are the Action Optics "Fishbone" with "all hour brown" photochromatic lenses.

Action Optics Lens Info

Great question!! especially if your looking to "drop a chunk of change" on a good pair of sunglasses.

For the waters I fish most of the time (rocky or gravel bottoms) I prefer a "copper or beige" colored lens, it seems to lighten the bottom of the river and fish seem to stand out better.
    My wife likes the same colors, but this year she is trying a light "rose" colored lens.

I've recently read that many people that walk the white sandy flats looking for Bones and Permit are starting to use a "light Blue" colored lens.

"Grey" colored lenses are supposed to be the worst, and let the least visible light into your eyes.

From what I understand it depends on light conditions and/or time of day, your surroundings, and eye fatigue at the end of the day.

***Remember to always wear eye protection of some kind when fishing***

I like Ocean Waves "Backwater Green"----it gives me the best contrast in the florida flats.
    "something is happening here but i dont know what it is"---dylan

Blog Entries

I just ordered a pair of Oakley Fishing Specific glasses. The lens color is blue, they call them shallow blue. The ones I've used in the past have been bronze or blue. I'll post again when the Oakleys arrive and let you know what I think. The ones I've been using for the last 10 yrs are Action Optics with a bronze lens. Been very happy with them. I order the new pair just to have a different style.
    Davo
    My worst day on the water beats my best day anywhere else hands down!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures

7. Default Re: polarized sunglasses- what color lenes best for fishing ?

The way I have always gone with is Gray for cloudy days or off shore, Amber/Bronze for all around fishing, and Vermillion for Ocean/sandy shores.
    Then there is the Orange like for Hunting glasses that really brightens things up.
    I prefer GLASS lenses. They don't scratch anywhere as easy as plastic, and a good pair is very well balanced.
    My choices are the Orvis Tri-Spectrum in Brown and these things are unbelievable. They transmit more of the three primary colors, which means much more definition. My other pair of choice is the HVO with the Green Mirror lens cover over a bronze.

8. Default Re: polarized sunglasses- what color lenes best for fishing ?

I like the amber lenses, I picked up a Okuma SLV and have had it out a couple times and so far I think it is a very solid reel.

Yukon Jack

9. Default Re: polarized sunglasses- what color lenes best for fishing ?

One thing I will say, is it gets confusing on the colors. There is Bronze, Brown and I have even heard them called Amber.....BROWN RIGHT?! Different shades from light to dark, but still BROWN.
    To me YELLOW is the shooting glasses, but some call THEM amber.
    I am so confused! LOL

Yep Joni---Brown----My Ocean Waves "backwater green" are green metallic lenses and brown shading---the coatings are between 2 layers of thin glass so the coating doesnt get scratched---I went to Action Optics for one prescription change and scratched the coating right in the middle ---at the price of prescription sunglasses i went back to the Ocean Waves because of the double layer even though they cost more.
    "something is happening here but i dont know what it is"---dylan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast