Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello to all

1. Default Hello to all

Hi folks.
    Just joined so I thought I'd say hello.
    I live in Whitley Bay in North of England and do most of my fishing in the counties of Northumberland and Durham, with regular cross-border raids to plunder Scottish waters (I wish).
    I returned to fly fishing last June after a lay off of 20ish years due to jobs, kids, etc.
    So much has changed in those years - I've got a lot to learn and relearn.
    I'm a member of a couple of Brit forums and really appreciate all the advice I get from all members.
    Looking forward to some good advice/tips from you guys as the American contributors on the Brit forums are very knowledgeable and always readily contribute with very sound advice.
    Cheers
    Walt

2. Default Re: Hello to all

Hi
    That is a coincidence, 2 new members from the UK registering within 2 minutes of each other!
    Cheers
    Richard

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello to all

Welcome to the Forum.
    Davo
    My worst day on the water beats my best day anywhere else hands down!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures

Hi Walt,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard. I think you will find we have a lot of knowledge members willing to share information. I will be looking for your post.

Frank

5. Default Re: Hello to all

Thanks for the welcome Guys.

I wish I'd joined this forum earlier.

I came to the States in March for the first time - week near Orlando (kids!!), week in Keys and week on Gulf coast - absolutely loved it.

Funds (& exchange rate) willing I'll be back. So much to see, so little time !!!

Frank, having just viewed your profile I would have loved to look you up en route from Orlando to Keys and had a chinwag. Hopefully next time!

Cheers

Walt

Hello Walt, glad to meet you.

7. Default Re: Hello to all

Hello from Virginia, USA. Glad to have you here w/ us. I would love to read any thing you have to tell us about you experieces there in that "romantic" part of the fishing world. I relate to your part of the world in a way similar to that of a youth and day dreams. Its almost fantacy like to think of being there in that area and fishing the waters I've dreamed of since I first heard of them. I must admit, I envy you a little. Take care.