Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Angies List for fishing guides???

Question Angies List for fishing guides???

I know not everyone uses guides but for someone from out of state to get to know water and to make use of limited time it's the only way to go. That said, is there any kind of list on this forum grading the services of different guides in different states? It could be simple and graded with 1-5 fish and based on actual on the water experience. Hey if I'm dishing out $500+ I want a quality experience not some part time fisherman who shows up late, hungover and without the necessary flies or info. Anyone think this is too much to ask about??? I don't expect guides to guarantee so many fish per hour but I need to know honestly if the fishing is going to be mediocre or bad to save everyone's time & money.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Angies List for fishing guides???

Quote Originally Posted by racine View Post
    I know not everyone uses guides but for someone from out of state to get to know water and to make use of limited time it's the only way to go. That said, is there any kind of list on this forum grading the services of different guides in different states? It could be simple and graded with 1-5 fish and based on actual on the water experience. Hey if I'm dishing out $500+ I want a quality experience not some part time fisherman who shows up late, hungover and without the necessary flies or info. Anyone think this is too much to ask about??? I don't expect guides to guarantee so many fish per hour but I need to know honestly if the fishing is going to be mediocre or bad to save everyone's time & money.
    As a guide I would tell you that any guide service you are considering using should be happy to provide with prior clients you can contact for their opinion of the service. There are bad guides on the water as in any profession. They do not stay in business long. As for quality of fishing , that is dependent on many factors and can never be guaranteed. Every river has its off days, good guides are the ones that do everything possible to minimize the negative effects.
    Davo
    My worst day on the water beats my best day anywhere else hands down!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures

3. Default Re: Angies List for fishing guides???

As a guide myself, based in England UK, I would be interested in your experiences, good or bad when using our services, and if necessary how we could improve upon them.
    Having used guides in America, i try to mirror my experiences with them in providing my own service.
    We are few and far between in the UK so i am expecting your experiences to be few but hopefully positive!
    Cheers
    Richard