new here! got questions!!!!!!

fish poop

Reaction score
hey guys and gals, i'm new to the site and fly fishing............ i live in michigan, south of saginaw what is the nearest trout fishing stream or river.........thanx in advance for the replies

Dry fly magic

Reaction score
Just a quick tip, I find the best way to find bodies of water in your area is to download google earth and look around there, it can really pay off

fish poop

Reaction score
Just a quick tip, I find the best way to find bodies of water in your area is to download google earth and look around there, it can really pay off
yeah......good idea.......but i'll probably have to read the stream and river fishing reports in my area....thanx

HuronRiverDan

Reaction score
Fish,

Check with your local fly shop. Also look to the south, N. Branch Clinton and Paint Creek can be good...I think your best bet would be that short drive to the Rifle or the Au Gres, about an hour from you I'm guessing...Then again Grayling isn't that far for you, AuSable Holy Waters and the upper Manistee...

Dan

fishenrg

Reaction score
Hi There,

Fellow Michigander here. I don't know your side of the state very well for fishing, but if you ever make it up towards Traverse City let me know.

One good resource is the Michigan DNR. Do a search for Michigan + blue ribbon trout streams and you should find a list of them in your area. Also, check out this site:

The Michigan Sportsman - Hunting and Fishing Michigan

They have a number of forums including locations specific forums. The guys there are pretty helpful, much like here!