NAFFF sticker

lacanadio

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I'm not a graphic designer.

I've been thinking that a NAFFF sticker would be a way to advertise the forum and also a way for members to recognize each other on the water and elsewhere. I've taken the liberty of doing a very basic design:

These cost, obviously, and the per-each cost is dependent on quantity. $.92 for 50, $.59 for 100, $.39 for 250. Standard shipping from the supplier is free, so no additional cost incurred there. I would add $.46 for first class postage, $.21 for an additional ounce if the order exceeds an ounce.

I'm trying to gauge interest so that I can fix the quantity. I'll bear the up-front cost of the stickers and will make no money on this.

If you're interested, please PM me with quantify and address information. Based on what I know by October 7th, I'll place an order. I'll follow up on this thread with the per-each cost.

Thanks,
Bob

Joey Bagels

Reaction score
Have you gotten permission from the site's owner(s)?
Something similar happened on another forum I stalk and it resulted in lots of hard feelings and implied legal action. Best be cautious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fq13

Reaction score
Nutty Anti-Facist Fringe?
Nerds Against Frozen Food?
Just saying that it might be worth putting some kind of fishing type logo on it or no one will know what it means, or worse yet misinterpret it and think you deserve an arse kicking for reasons known but to themselves. "NO, I swear it's just a fly fishing website! No one's idea of stirring last words!:D
PS Agreed with the consulting with the owners bit, this is a proprietary site.

lacanadio

Reaction score
I checked with Ard and Larry before doing this. They were OK with it.

However, if it's a no-go with the general site population, so be it.

Bob

Last edited:

nevadanstig

Reaction score
I like it. I would take one.
I think it would be great to charge double cost, with the "profit" going to something like Project Healing Waters. Just an idea.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

ia_trouter

Reaction score
I like the sticker idea a lot and I would fly it proudly. But in my part of the world the initials NAFFF means absolutely zero to anyone. In small print North American FFF and the website addy needs to be spelled out clearly or it would be absolutely meaningless to growing the forum in some places. JMHO but maybe add a bent fly rod, line and fly silo to the graphic. Quite sure somebody here has the skills to easily pull that off

iv_wjb

Reaction score
I like the idea... With no offence intended to the creator, I would prefer a sticker that didn't simply look like a "destination" decal. Great idea which needs some help, graphically, IMHO.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
I like the idea... With no offence intended to the creator, I would prefer a sticker that didn't simply look like a "destination" decal. Great idea which needs some help, graphically, IMHO.
Agree, the OP has a great idea and it should have happened long before now as forums are fading overall. Idea just needs a little refinement to make it truly more effective across the nation. NAFFF means about zippo to anyone not already aware of the forum. Any money spent should have some chance of expanding the forum.

Last edited:

lacanadio

Reaction score
OK, I've added the spelled-out title and the website address. I don't have any art to put on this and stock art can get expensive. If someone wants to take a shot at some art, I'd be happy to put it on the sticker. Please bear in mind that I'm doing this to give back to the forum, not for any other reason.

Thanks,
Bob

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
I like the idea. If the bosses are ok, I'd take one.
+1 here .... BUT! Just 'NAFF' on the sticker will mean zip to 99.9% of the folks who see same. On the outer band put 'North American, etc., etc., and the web address.

fae

Edit: Just saw the post above mine ... bril minds work alike. I'm in for the old Jeep. Old she may be (2001) but still looks factory fresh.

pnc

Reaction score
Add some color now & you could have a t-shirt design. Hmmmm.
Can't see how anybody could get upset over free advertising. Not competing with site on any level.
Put me on list.

....... pc

ia_trouter

Reaction score
OK, I've added the spelled-out title and the website address. I don't have any art to put on this and stock art can get expensive. If someone wants to take a shot at some art, I'd be happy to put it on the sticker. Please bear in mind that I'm doing this to give back to the forum, not for any other reason.

Thanks,
Bob
Thanks for your efforts Bob. We'll have 1000 ideas to improve it because that's what we do here. :) It's still you that brought the idea forward, and it's a great idea so don't take it personal. We have some guys here very good with graphics they should be along at some point. Perhaps even somebody that can get it printed very cheap?

JDR

Reaction score
I'm in, but if I may... I think the line with the web address throws things off balance. It is not really needed, as Google and Bing will respond to the letters only. Just Letters and name. Simple; clean; says it all. Not really a criticism, more of a suggestion to consider. This is prime material for a stripping basket. PM sent.

spm

Reaction score
I'm in, but if I may... I think the line with the web address throws things off balance. It is not really needed, as Google and Bing will respond to the letters only. Just Letters and name. Simple; clean; says it all. Not really a criticism, more of a suggestion to consider. This is prime material for a stripping basket. PM sent.
Agreed.

steve