The 'Rate this thread' button .. anyone, save for me, use the thing?

kentuckysteve

Reaction score
I use it fred.It does show up as members rate a thread.It will not show who rated the thread but will show an average rating based on the votes posted.Many of our members may not even know its there.

Reactions: Ard

Joey Bagels

Reaction score
Again, as with the quasi-mythical "dislike" thread, I see no such thing on Tapatalk. But that's ok. I'll keep on fumbling through life in darkness and ignorance. Ignorance IS bliss after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrtLksMarlin

Reaction score
I've used it when it has been missed, typically on "fishing report" threads. Otherwise, I'm a much more frequent user of "reputation", the little icon that looks like this
which helps bump up those green bars under folks names. I always felt that it makes newer folks feel like they're a part of the forum and advancing here, as though part of the numbskull club. Whoops, strike that. I meant "Mighty Fly Fisher Man Club." :shades:

B.E.F.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I also use it, but like Brad, mostly on trip reports. If a member takes the time to post up a trip report with some photos, I will use the "Rate the Thread", mostly because I know what effort it takes to post up a trip report with photos, plus I like to read about your fishing adventures.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
I also use it, but like Brad, mostly on trip reports. If a member takes the time to post up a trip report with some photos, I will use the "Rate the Thread", mostly because I know what effort it takes to post up a trip report with photos, plus I like to read about your fishing adventures.
Me too Larry; trip reports are the first posts things I check. More photo's the better!

fae

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been ranking threads for as long that the feature has been part of the thread options Fred. Unlike the 'Like' button I reserve the ranking of threads for what seem to be outstanding threads. I don't rank them all and I don't Like them all. This is not to say that I dislike any one particular post or that I don't appreciate each thread that is started, I just feel that the like and ranking system are not a prerequisite to viewing threads and posts. It's like the Rep thing, if folks scrolled down on their User Control screen now and then they can see who if anyone has sent them some Rep.

But I'll tell you now that I just ranked this thread :)