The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 10-10-2017, 07:33 AM
The 'Rate this thread' button .. anyone, save for me, use the thing?

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Question The 'Rate this thread' button .. anyone, save for me, use the thing?

I'm a frequent user of a 'rate this thread' (good and excellent only) button but can't tell if this shows up on any one else's reads. Do they?

fae
Likes kentuckysteve, hairwing530, rockriver liked this post
Old 10-10-2017, 08:11 AM

kentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant future
Default Re: The 'Rate this thread' button .. anyone, save for me, use the thing?

I use it fred.It does show up as members rate a thread.It will not show who rated the thread but will show an average rating based on the votes posted.Many of our members may not even know its there.
Likes hairwing530, mcnerney, fredaevans liked this post
Old 10-10-2017, 08:13 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Rate this thread' button .. anyone, save for me, use the thing?

[QUOTE=kentuckysteve;1016454]I use it fred.It does show up as members rate a thread.It will not show who rated the thread but will show an average rating based on the votes posted.Many of our members may not even know its there.[/QUOTE]

By my post you can tell I'm 'one of them.'

Sigh .......

fae
Likes hairwing530, mcnerney liked this post
Old 10-10-2017, 08:32 AM

Joey Bagels has much to be proud ofJoey Bagels has much to be proud ofJoey Bagels has much to be proud ofJoey Bagels has much to be proud ofJoey Bagels has much to be proud ofJoey Bagels has much to be proud ofJoey Bagels has much to be proud ofJoey Bagels has much to be proud ofJoey Bagels has much to be proud of

Again, as with the quasi-mythical "dislike" thread, I see no such thing on Tapatalk. But that's ok. I'll keep on fumbling through life in darkness and ignorance. Ignorance IS bliss after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 5 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Old 10-10-2017, 09:48 AM

trout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud oftrout trekker has much to be proud of

I see it Fred and I'm glad to know it's you that is using it to rate threads. For the longest time, I thought that egotistical OP's were giving themselves all those stars just to get hits.

Dave
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes hairwing530, mcnerney liked this post
Old 10-10-2017, 10:01 AM

dennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant future

Yes Fred, I see it and do use it, when I think too.

Denny
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes mcnerney liked this post
Old 10-10-2017, 01:34 PM

GrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond repute

I've used it when it has been missed, typically on "fishing report" threads. Otherwise, I'm a much more frequent user of "reputation", the little icon that looks like this Click the image to open in full size. which helps bump up those green bars under folks names. I always felt that it makes newer folks feel like they're a part of the forum and advancing here, as though part of the numbskull club. Whoops, strike that. I meant "Mighty Fly Fisher Man Club."

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 5 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes spm, dragon11, mcnerney, dennyk, pnc liked this post
Old 10-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I also use it, but like Brad, mostly on trip reports. If a member takes the time to post up a trip report with some photos, I will use the "Rate the Thread", mostly because I know what effort it takes to post up a trip report with photos, plus I like to read about your fishing adventures.

Likes Joey Bagels, fredaevans liked this post
Old 10-11-2017, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
I also use it, but like Brad, mostly on trip reports. If a member takes the time to post up a trip report with some photos, I will use the "Rate the Thread", mostly because I know what effort it takes to post up a trip report with photos, plus I like to read about your fishing adventures.
Me too Larry; trip reports are the first posts things I check. More photo's the better!

fae
Old 10-11-2017, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Ard has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Ard Send a message via Skype™ to Ard

I've been ranking threads for as long that the feature has been part of the thread options Fred. Unlike the 'Like' button I reserve the ranking of threads for what seem to be outstanding threads. I don't rank them all and I don't Like them all. This is not to say that I dislike any one particular post or that I don't appreciate each thread that is started, I just feel that the like and ranking system are not a prerequisite to viewing threads and posts. It's like the Rep thing, if folks scrolled down on their User Control screen now and then they can see who if anyone has sent them some Rep.

But I'll tell you now that I just ranked this thread

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors
Likes ejsell, GrtLksMarlin liked this post