NAFFF sticker redux

lacanadio

Reaction score
I've been quiet because I've been waiting for the stickers with the final design. They came today. The bright spots are the camera flash, unavoidable. They are 4.5"x3". I'm happy with them. I hope you are too.

6 stickers and an envelope still fall within 1 oz weight, at least by my scale. That's good, because there's 2 people that wanted 6. There are 48 stickers spoken for at present. I will bear the proof costs and keep the proof stickers for myself.

So, the bottom line(s)...

Envelopes cost $0.04 each
Postage is $0.46 for up to 6
At 250 stickers the cost per sticker is $0.39. 100, $0.59 per.

Therefore, a 1 sticker order at 100 is $1.09. At 250, $0.89. I'll leave the high quantity arithmetic to those so inclined.

This obviously is high finance :rolleyes:! I would prefer to order 100. However, I can foresee the need for 250. Keep in mind that I'm going to be the one not only bearing the up-front cost but also filling envelopes, etc. At 100, the up-front costs are 22x$0.50 (envelopes and postage) plus $59 for the stickers or $70. At existing quantity spoken for, I'll recoup $39.32 of that. It is unclear how the rest will be consumed, but I'm OK with the wait entailed. Reorders are definitely possible.

I do paypal and a gift doesn't incur cost over the base amount (unless I'm mistaken.)

The idea of a donation amount per sticker has been floated. I'm not sure how that'd work. I'm sure someone is.

Apologies for the length of this, but I wanted to get all the information out there. I will wait a bit before I pull the trigger on the sticker order. In order to avoid shipping costs from the printer, I choose the longest (~6 business days) shipping option.

Thanks,
Bob

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Bob

They look awesome! I'll take six, I think that is what I said previously, if not let me know. Do you do PayPal?

Matt4.0

Reaction score
Personally, I'd be happy to send $5 for two of them. If you made that the going rate, you could recoup your cost faster, then set aside a portion of proceeds for one of the several charities championed here on the forum.

airborne 82nd

Reaction score
Looks great , thank you for you're effort , I'm interested in 6 myself , I'd also have no problmn paying extra to help with this , looking forward to ordering them
Airborne ( David )

silver creek

Reaction score
Doing the math, ordering 100 stickers @ $0.59 = $59.00. 250 stickers @ $0.39 = $97.50. So for $38.50 more, you get 150 more decals. The way to look at what to buy is not cost per decal as in 59 cents vs 39 cents but by answering the question whether you would pay $38.50 for 150 more decals. This is the "opportunity cost."

By spending $59.00 for the first 100, the seller is giving you the "opportunity" to buy more at a discount. The question is, will you take advantage of this opportunity. Paying $38.50 gives you 150 more decals which is about 25 cents per decal. This is less than half the cost. It is a savings of 136% compared to 59 cents per sticker. So take advantage of the "opportunity" to buy extra decals at a 136% discount.

What I propose is that you buy 250 decals BUT we pay the 59 cent price for the decals. You will be taking the risk for the extra 150 decals but after selling 100 @ 59 cents, you will be making 34 cents per decals. It is not much but you should be getting something out of this effort!

I will take 4 decal/stickers.

Last edited:

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Bob,

Silvercreek is right and let me tell how this is really going to work. Many of us are going to round up when we send money. Sure it would be great if you could send a couple bucks to a charity if the stickers sell well, and they will if we keep this thread bumped. Pretty sure I speak for most when I say don't have a problem paying for the proof stickers too. If you make 15 trips to the Post Office I wouldn't care if you put a couple bucks in your gas tank. I know you aren't going to but it wouldn't be out of line. You are going to have a fair amount of time donated already. You don't need to eat any financial cost if it isn't necessary.

How much will the T-shirts cost? Kidding, not kidding lol.

Thanks for doing this.

GrtLksMarlin

Reaction score
Well said everyone, I agree with what everyone has stated. I see no reason that Lacanadio should bear any expense (granted he has the initial outlay yet pricing should be enough to cover that, and any other variables) and then at the end of the day, perhaps he'll have enough to send in a contribution to one of the other philanthropic ventures here.

Though members no doubt will round up by their own accord (as an example if I take two, I frankly can't imagine sending less than $2.00), don't hesitate to put a reasonable markup on them to defray your costs, even of those not initially sold.

That said, I'm a dollars in an envelope guy. So perhaps the option of a postal address (no doubt sent via a PM) would be nice.

Thanks again Lacanadio, and great thoughts all :thumbsup:

B.E.F.

lacanadio

Reaction score
250 ordered today. I expect them the week of the 23rd. Paypal works as does snail mail. I will send a PM with both my email and postal addresses to all that have responded.

Thanks!
Bob

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

I sent PMs to all that have responded to me. If you did, and I didn't get a PM to you, please PM me.

Thanks,
Bob

fq13

Reaction score
Count me in for $10. Whether that buys one or five is not an issue. I will pm you and pay via pay pal.I
Thanks, it's a nice design!

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
250 ordered today. I expect them the week of the 23rd. Paypal works as does snail mail. I will send a PM with both my email and postal addresses to all that have responded.

Thanks!
Bob

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

I sent PMs to all that have responded to me. If you did, and I didn't get a PM to you, please PM me.

Thanks,
Bob
Cheque's in the mail and 'I will respect you in the morning.' ;)

Fred

spm

Reaction score
Count me in for $10. Whether that buys one or five is not an issue. I will pm you and pay via pay pal.I
Thanks, it's a nice design!
I've been out of pocket for the past few days. They look great! Well done, Bob.

Ditto what fq13 said. $10.00 going to your your paypal account, Bob.

Thanks,
steve

ottosmagic13

Reaction score
I'm in for 4 stickers. Send me a PM with Paypal info and what I would owe you....$.59 a sticker so 5$ should be fine?

Extra can go to any NAFFF charity or to help recoup costs.

silver creek

Reaction score
I just sent cash for 4 stickers/decals.

To make it easier for lacanadio, I included a legal sized SELF-ADDRESED STAMPED envelope so all he has to do was to put in the stickers and mail the envelope.

Almost all of us have return address labels anyway so how hard is it to put label a blank envelope, add a stamp and include the SASE with the cash.

Easy and simple!

lacanadio

Reaction score
I'm up at the Juan fishing for the week. I'll get back to PMs, etc. Saturday. I won't receive the stickers until a week from now (at least), so they're not going out until next week. I appreciate all of the support. We are definitely going to have a charitable contribution. I don't have an idea of how much yet.

Thanks,
Bob