Default Re: Bucket List Trips

Yucatán for Tarpon
    Seychelles - Cosmo for GT and everything else involved
    BC for steelhead
    Patagonia

That would do.

2. Likes mcnerney liked this post

The one that sits atop my list currently is Iceland.

There's also a couple of remote outer Bahamian islands I've also gone an eye, that shall remain nameless.

4. Likes mcnerney, pfetz liked this post
  5. Default Re: Bucket List Trips

No bucket list for me. I figure out what I want to do it .. and figugure out how to make it happen. My next trips: Charleston, SC for redfish next week, Belize in February, Christmas Island in May. Probably somewhere in January as well, just don't know yet. May try a trip to the Florida Gulf Coast in December. One day, I may venture to the Seychelles. Probably fish Roatan before that though.

6. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by denver1911 View Post
    No bucket list for me. I figure out what I want to do it .. and figugure out how to make it happen. My next trips: Charleston, SC for redfish next week, Belize in February, Christmas Island in May. Probably somewhere in January as well, just don't know yet. May try a trip to the Florida Gulf Coast in December. One day, I may venture to the Seychelles. Probably fish Roatan before that though.
    But you do have a list of trips you'd like to do before you kick the bucket...right?

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flyminded View Post
    The one that sits atop my list currently is Iceland.

There's also a couple of remote outer Bahamian islands I've also gone an eye, that shall remain nameless.
    I've been in contact with an outfitter in Iceland. Looking at options for a mix of guided and DIY days.

For me Northwest Territories, Canada, for Inconnu, the Tarpon of the north.

PS the man in the picture is NOT me. I look at least a 1000 times worse than that.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rfb700; 11-01-2017 at 11:27 AM.

9. Likes mcnerney liked this post
  10. Default Re: Bucket List Trips

Been daydreaming about Cosmoledo Atoll for the last 2 weeks.

I must be narrow-minded compared to many of you. And maybe i wore out my personal travel bug on museums and battlefields and so forth before i got the fishing bug. BUT that said My bucket list mainly includes more places and more time fishing in the Yellowstone area where i spend parts of 3 months +/- at our cabin each summer (and fall most years). I tend to fish most on Lake Hebgen, the Madison and Henry's Fork. I am hoping to fish more in YNP and perhaps some on some of the big rivers in Montana such as the Missouri and Big Horn.

That really is my bucket list, modest though it may be.

12. Likes mcnerney, pfetz, just4grins liked this post
  13. Default Re: Bucket List Trips

Quote Originally Posted by brokeoff View Post
    But you do have a list of trips you'd like to do before you kick the bucket...right?

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

I've been in contact with an outfitter in Iceland. Looking at options for a mix of guided and DIY days.
    Nope. No list other than the one of what I want to do next. Fishing or otherwise.

Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your way thru

Quote Originally Posted by wthorpe View Post
    I must be narrow-minded compared to many of you. And maybe i wore out my personal travel bug on museums and battlefields and so forth before i got the fishing bug. BUT that said My bucket list mainly includes more places and more time fishing in the Yellowstone area where i spend parts of 3 months +/- at our cabin each summer (and fall most years). I tend to fish most on Lake Hebgen, the Madison and Henry's Fork. I am hoping to fish more in YNP and perhaps some on some of the big rivers in Montana such as the Missouri and Big Horn.

That really is my bucket list, modest though it may be.
    Nothing modest in that list my friend. You could do much worse. I need to make sure to include some YNP time in the schedule next year

Kev
    Last edited by k_e_v; 11-01-2017 at 07:20 PM.

15. Likes mcnerney liked this post
  16. Default Re: Bucket List Trips

Quote Originally Posted by JoJer View Post
    I grew up in S Jersey and summered week ends on the coast with relatives. I didn't fish then and no one else in the family did, either.
    Now that I live in Boise, I'm smack in the middle of trouts-ville ...and the top of my bucket list is the Jersey coast, in the fall, for Bluefish on the fly.
    I fished as a child but not with a fly rod in SW la. Now that I'm hooked on it I think back on all those little creeks, ponds and lakes I fished as a kid and would love to go back through there with a fly rod. No trout but lots of very fly rod worthy species much like were I live now. Kinda funny what we don't realize as kids.

17. Likes mcnerney liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast