How to use Google to Search the NAFFF

silver creek

Reaction score
It is apparent to me that newbies and even veterans do not know that you can use Google to search NAFFF for specific information. A newbie just asked how to load a fly reel with line and backing. Here is how I did the search for "Loading a reel"

Place the search terms "Loading a reel" in front of "site:www.theflyfishingforum.com" For example if you type this into the Google search box "Loading a reel site:www.theflyfishingforum.com" you get this search:

Loading a reel site:www.theflyfishingforum.com - Google Search

If you think this tip is of value, please consider making it a sticky post

kentuckysteve

Reaction score
Great tip silver.You have posted this in the past but i had forgotten how to do it.Thanks for re posting it.This is a great help when searching the forum.It should be a sticky post.

audax

Reaction score
Save the “site:www.” and “.com”

You achieve the same result without adding 13 unnecessary characters. :thumbsup:

knotjoe

Reaction score
You achieve the same result without adding 13 unnecessary characters. :thumbsup:
I'm a quick Typin' Google Slob, usually I just type something similar to the name of the site after a subject and the machine will find it all. NAFF comes up with options for more results, it's all in there.

Never bothered with any "www" stuff in my searches or further refining any search terms, the machines seem to know what I'm digging for. Definitely worth a sticky and something folks should use when needed.

If you get half the spelling and letters right in the request, Google will meet you halfway and send you here...it's a beautiful thing for folks like me:)

I actually use this technique more than any site search functions, it's a simple route to a thread if it exists. No verification codes needed, either, I always mess that up 2X before I get the lowercase/capital cr@p right on any site search box thing.

Last edited:

JoJer

Reaction score
This is timely: I went looking for the "headlamps" thread earlier today and got mired in the bot protection and the ad covering half of the screen and gave up on it.

jalberts1

Reaction score
Or you just go to U tube, everything you ever wanted on it. The knowledge of the world in one click