Veteran's Day Salute!

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Happy Veteran's Day to all you vets out there and a big salute to your service!!

I dug out a few of my old military photos. This first one was graduating from the Air Force Undergraduate Pilot Training program in Big Springs, TX, in 1969.

This was our graduation photo from F-102 school at Perrin AFB, TX. At the time I graduated from UPT, the Air Force policy was that you had to have flown a military fighter before you could fly the F-106 aircraft, so they sent me to thru the F-102 program prior to attending F-106 training at Tyndall AFB, FL.
Students are in the back row, instructors in the front, that's me, the sawed off runt in the middle. The guy next to me, second from the left is Dave McCloud, he made two star general and Commander of Alaskan Air Command. He died in an accident while flying his personal Russian aerobatic plane at Elendorf AFB.

Pulling 5 minute alert at Homestead AFB, FL, early 70's.

The A-10 aircraft, what a work horse that plane has been. I retired from he Air Force in 1989 and the Air Force was talking about retiring the A-10 back in 1988. The A-10 has done a superb job of flying Close Air Support for all our ground troops in all these recent wars we seem to get into.

Anyone else want to share their military photos?

just4grins

Reaction score
Did you ever cross paths with Chuck Kasabeer? My brother Gary was at Davis Monthan as a sergeant on the A-10's. Boy could they sneak up on you.

triggw

Reaction score
Back at ya. I'll rummage through my old photos to see if I have any of the various desks I flew in the Air Force;)

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been hanging around for ten years figuring that someday you would put up a few pictures buddy. What a ride you've had, rowing a drifter is obviously no big challenge.

Heads up from your friend in the north!

And to every one of the Vets reading this :army:

Ard

CutThroat Leaders

Business Member
Reaction score
A big thank you to all the Vets out there. Both Present and passed. We as Americans have much to be grateful for, and much if it starts with our Veterans. Thank you all for you did, and continue to do for this country.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you ever cross paths with Chuck Kasabeer? My brother Gary was at Davis Monthan as a sergeant on the A-10's. Boy could they sneak up on you.
I don't remember the name, but then that was a long time ago that I went thru the A-10 training program.

Unknownflyman

Reaction score
Salute veterans! Never was in the military myself. My Dad was active for two enlistments, one conflict and 40 years retired navy reserves.

don_p

Reaction score
I'd also like to offer my sincere gratitude and admiration to all veterans, without whom I would not be able to enjoy the pursuits I enjoy today.