Forum is Alive Again;

plecain

Reaction score
Good work.
I see we're on a new version of the forum software.
I haven't seen this version anywhere else yet.
I learned something while the US site was down. Apparently I have valid credentials on the UK site, too.

fr8dog

Reaction score
:thumbsupu: Good deal. Spent some time reading the board from 'Across The Pond' Good stuff there, too.

cb

Reaction score
Really sorry about the lost forum everyone. When technology bites - it bites hard. It's like someone cutting off your leg! It will take me while to get everything back to how it should be - but I hope it will be better than ever in a few days. Take a good look around your new home!

Colin

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Interestingly enough while the site was completely blanked out I received four, (4) PM's. Three were marked "Sent from my iphone using tap talk" and one marked, Sent from my ipad.

These came into my fishandfly.com e-mail because I have it linked to my PM's here. I was unable to answer the 4 members because the messages come through as, Do Not Reply type mail. I would love to know how those people reached a PM function to message me?

Anyway, Thank You Colin :)

cb

Reaction score
Interestingly enough while the site was completely blanked out I received four, (4) PM's. Three were marked "Sent from my iphone using tap talk" and one marked, Sent from my ipad.

These came into my fishandfly.com e-mail because I have it linked to my PM's here. I was unable to answer the 4 members because the messages come through as, Do Not Reply type mail. I would love to know how those people reached a PM function to message me?

Anyway, Thank You Colin :)
It was probably through Tapatalk Ard - as the "back-end" was still working ok. You'll also see that images are handled differently!

IMG_6108.jpg

BTW- none of the old image libraries have been lost - just so you know.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Really sorry about the lost forum everyone. When technology bites - it bites hard. It's like someone cutting off your leg! It will take me while to get everything back to how it should be - but I hope it will be better than ever in a few days. Take a good look around your new home!

Colin

Now you can start cleaning out your mail box now of all the frantic messages from me :D

Thank You for the time you've put into this.

scoutm

Reaction score
Any guidance on where pictures are? I still see them in threads but I've been unable to locate the ones I've loaded.

Easy enough to load a picture but where are my old ones? I assume they are gone or will be attached later (I hope)

[/IMG]

Last edited:

Fly2bTied

Reaction score
I didn't realize how many times I log on here until now, was beginning to think I was banned for good behavior. :wow:

shaunsquid

Reaction score
I work in IT, and I sincerely feel the pain of the site admins. Well done on the recovery, and I am sorry for all the undue stress I am sure you endured.

I thought I lost you fellas for good and had a miniature panic attack. I went over the the Putah Creek (crowded local waters here) forum, trying to get my fix. That forum is a NIGHTMARE of arguments and internet tough guys. I was reminded what a true gift this place is. Thank you site admins, and thank you to all the members that make this place so fantastic.

knotjoe

Reaction score
Really sorry about the lost forum everyone.
Colin
No need for apologies, sir. I think we're all pleased to see it back up, running, and in one piece. Sometimes it all gets lost permanently on forums upgrades or maintenance and I'm not even near finished scrounging around in the past threads.

Thanks for what you do, it's above and beyond anything I'm capable of understanding (looks dangerously complicated, though).

Lewis Chessman

Reaction score
Aye, well done to the techies! You said ''back up by the 21st'' and beat your own deadline. Much appreciated.

Good to see a few folks ventured over to the UK sister-forum. For those who don't know, your log on details here work there. We talk kinda different but we mean the same things. :)
Hope you guys enjoyed the trip and stick around or pop your head round the door once in a while. The more we exchange ideas the richer we all are. And we won't try to tax you, promise. Once bitten, and all that. :army: