Best Christmas Gift Ever!!

midge1

Reaction score
One of our sons who lives in Colorado who we don't get to see often enough (we are in KC) is home for a wedding and Thanksgiving along with his girlfriend. They can't come back for Christmas so they brought gifts with them. I was handed an envelope, inside was the promise of a guided day on the river with my son and a guide from the local fly shop we frequent when we go to RMNP/Estes Park (they live in Longmont). We were just out there recently and went to the fly shop and I asked him if he would ever want to do a guided day of fishing with me, he kind of shrugged it off, little did I know of his plans. Can't wait for summer to get here so we can get on the water together.

shaunsquid

Reaction score
Congrats on what is sure to be a great day with the kid. I have been trying to get my dad out for years, but he keeps shrugging it off. He rarely hits the water these days and, when he does, it is always trolling the lakes for bows.

midge1

Reaction score
Yes, I'm more than just happy. I've wanted to do this for a long time, the opportunity just never presented itself. It will be especially nice with my son there too. I have everything I will need with the exception of waders, but will look for a pair, and boots after the holidays pass. I have plenty of flies I've tied for the both of us but plenty of time to tie more. In this instance I really don't care (ok, maybe a little) if I don't even catch anything, just the thrill of being out there is enough this time. I simply CAN NOT wait, hope winter passes quickly!!

CutThroat Leaders

Business Member
Reaction score
That is a Great Gift... Time spent on the water with my kids (although younger), are the catalyst for my very best memories... That will be an awesome trip, no matter the fish count. Congrats.

scotty macfly

Reaction score
If you're talking about the guides from Laughing Grizzly, your son has done well. Dick knows a lot about the RMNP and where to go. I have bumped into him many times while he is guiding, and he does a great job. You and your son will have a good time.

redwing

Reaction score
Your son is very special and you sure will enjoy your time with him on your float. I seat hear on the ARK in Co and had the pleasure to enjoy my spring break this year with my son and wife camping and fishing in the same spot we are enjoying this week for T-day. Best part is we get T-day with a camp host we see each year up at Trappers Lake who are like a second family.