Anyone doing early Christmas shopping ?

callihan_44

Reaction score
I just did, for myself....sage x 4 weight . Also need to replenish my stock of flies!

plecain

Reaction score
Early?
My wife does most of it. She started in July and is almost done.
I've done nothing yet. Plenty of time still.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't done any, I'm a procrastinator will usually wait to the last minute and then go into panic mode. LOL!

If your looking to refill your fly boxes, then take a look at the flies that Jerry (aka hairwing530) ties and sells to support his fly tying classes for kids with cancer. His flies are very reasonably priced and the quality is second to none.
https://www.theflyfishingforum.com/...016-2017-miracle-100-a.html?highlight=miracle

steveid

Reaction score
Sweet! Did you get that X in 8'6" or 9'?

Agreed with mcnerney, buy your flies from Hairwing. His price is in-line with some of the good online options, but his cause is lightyears ahead.

callihan_44

Reaction score
Sweet! Did you get that X in 8'6" or 9'?

Agreed with mcnerney, buy your flies from Hairwing. His price is in-line with some of the good online options, but his cause is lightyears ahead.
9FT , been debating this purchase for months and finally gave in today!

weiliwen

Reaction score
I'm more or less done. I got my wife's "main" present, but will have to get some smaller items/stocking stuffers. My kids are old enough that they just send me lists, and I've either already purchased them or am waiting until Friday to order in the hope that there will be discounts then. Again, some stocking stuffers are still required.

I also got my wife's gift to me - a 3 weight Triangle Taper for my Winston, and a 4 weight Rio Gold for my one-piece Hardy Zenith.

Oh yeah, and a cheap-o pair of Herter's lug-sole hip waders on sale for $19.99 from Cabela's. I won't expect much, but I lucked into a few free tubes of Shoe Goo so will coat the seams before I use them for the first time.

corn fed fins

Reaction score
I'm done for family. I pick stuff up through the year and hoard it. Just need to figure out what to get some of my fishing buddies. In other words, I still have to go down and get a few gift cards at the fly shop and bottles of wine for the wives.