Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Blogs

Default Blogs

Was in hope someone could explain ... blogs. Purpose or reason for such ? Looked other day. Saw what looked like something I might see in forum threads, posts. What am I missing ?

.... pc

Blog Entries

Default Re: Blogs

I'm not sure of the varied reasons people have blogs, some have a website dedicated as a blog and they become quite popular. Here on the forum members use them as a place to write stories, post pictures and so forth. Having a blog page here allows for fishing reports to be copied and then pasted into each members personal blog space. What that does is to preserve something that a member may have spent considerable time and effort writing and placing images into on a page that the member can always find.

I wish more people utilized the feature here. When you think of all the great reports and stories that have been shared............... then try to find them it isn't so easy. If members copy a report or story them post to their blog it is always there to be found. I've been doing it for years here, some things were stand alone writings and others started as threads and I decided not to allow them to be buried and lost among the thousands of threads and posts that are constantly replacing older ones. Old threads are here but can be 20 pages deep in General Discussion for example.

Hope that helps clear the question somewhat.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

3. Likes karstopo, mcnerney liked this post

I'm guessing then there is a way of accessing. Clicking on see pages.

....... pc

Blog Entries

I use computers, if you are viewing the forum using a phone (and I think you are) it may be difficult. For me I can just click the tab 'Blogs' on the menu bar at top of this screen From there I can navigate to what ever I want. Another way is to look beneath a members details at the top right of every post. If you see Blog Entries listed at the bottom you can reach that members blog by clicking the word Blog.

Once you are on someone's blog pages you'll have to figure things out from there. Like I said, trying to do this and see all the fine print using a phone may be difficult.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Thanks for your replys ! Trying to learn site. I know taking my sweat time about it. But you know....... fish ?

....... pc

7. Likes Ard liked this post