Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cortland Customer Service.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Cortland Customer Service.

You know I've got a Cortland Brook Series 10'4wt rod,I've posted a review and recommended it several times on the forum for it's a great deal and a really pleasant rod to use.Unfortunately I fell down a few weeks ago and broke the butt section.I contacted Tom Brown from the customer service who did a great job,they sent me a new section and only charged me with the shipping back.So thanks a lot and.... hats off!
    thanks also to our member Burk who's a Cortland rep for his help

2. Likes GrtLksMarlin liked this post

Default Re: Cortland Customer Service.

Jean-Paul,

That's great to hear and good to know.

And thanks for posting this -- companies that stand behind their products-- and excel at providing service to their customers deserve recognition.

Hat's off to Cortland, Tom Brown and Burk!
    Mark

I echo what peregrines said. That's the kind of company that will get my business.

Hi Everyone,

I am glad to hear that Cortland is taking care of their rod customers.

I bought a Cortland PE+ Crystal line and it had several problems with the finish on the line. I sent an Email to Cortland and described the problems but I never received a reply. It could be the Email went to the wrong place but Burke told how to send an Email to Cortland. Not the type of support I expected on one of there premium lines. I think they are a good company and made a mistake in my case.

Frank

Thumbs up Re: Cortland Customer Service.

Frank, Let us know how that PE+ Crystal line works out for you would ya?

I bought a Cortland 4/5 HS2000 something rod almost 20 years ago that lost it's grip. I asked Cortland if they could repair it( sentimental reasons mostly) and they sent me a new and better trout rod instead. How do you beat that?

Blog Entries

JP,

You fell down! This is the first I've heard of this. I hope you are alright and was wondering were you wearing felt or rubber soles when this happened?

Naughty to the Bone,

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    I echo what peregrines said. That's the kind of company that will get my business.
    Very few 'contacts' over the years, but each and every have been a treat. Need spare parts for a Hardy reel? In the mail the same day..... at no charge I might add.

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

I have a Cortland Cl that is a favorite. Snapped it one day and cortland cheerfully replaced teh section even though the rod was pre-lifetime warranty! Now that's service..

FWIW, Despite having rods of much greater cost, I'm a big fan of the CL, BigSky and Brook series. Just a great all round company IMHO

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    JP,

You fell down! This is the first I've heard of this. I hope you are alright and was wondering were you wearing felt or rubber soles when this happened?

Naughty to the Bone,

Ard
    Dear Ard...I was wearing felt solesbut they were of no use in that casewe were walking back to the car among big rocks...I was in the leadand as my friend JM has a problem with a hip,I looked back to check if he could follow me...so didn't see where I was putting my feet and came a memorable cropperI've noticed that I fall less often than when I was young...I'm not a daredevil anymore

11. Default Re: Cortland Customer Service.

I am seriously thinking of purchasing a Cortland retro reel for a new 6wt fiberglass rod I am building (Swift Epic 686). I have narrowed down my choices to Redington drift and the Cortland Retro. There is allot more information concerning the Redington. I like the lifetime warranty. Redington seems to be trying to make a push into the fly fishing industry as a legitimate competitor - which means we get to enjoy quality products from a company who cares without paying extra for the name. Just my observation. I could be wrong. Cortland has a nice looking reel (Retro) but I can't find much information on it. I am not finding where Cortland even has their reels on their website. Am I missing something? I think my decision will come down to Warranty and customer service. Anyone know more than me about these two companies and their reels?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast