Alternate wader use - New Year's Eve

yikes

Reaction score
I spent the past week with wife and friends, touring ghost towns in California, Nevada and Utah. Borught along he fishing gear, even though it wasn't a fishing trip, for a few stolen hours on the Owens River.

The weekend found us staying in Zion NP and touring the nearby ghost town Grafton. It dawned on me that on the morning of our checkout, I could use my waders for the hike through the Virgin River Narrows. Water temp was 32, air temps in the mid 20s rising to high 40s. I had previously wet-waded this hike during the summer, but A Zion In Winter is a sight to behold!

IMG_4171.jpg

Attachments

yikes

Reaction score
Not really. There’s too much silt, heat, etc. during much of the year. Native dace and suckers have a healthy population, but nonnative trout are scarce on this river.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Hike looks like it was a lot of fun.

My alternate wader use is snow blowing on a cabless garden tractor. It's s brutal chore on a windy day. I've been known to wear my racing helmet I use for my drag car as well. I'm sure I look like a complete idiot but my glasses aren't iced over in 30 seconds. :)