Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Need prescription sunglass recommendation

For me, the progressives give me a major headache. Most folks who engage in outdoor activities such as fishing and hunting, inadvertently use their peripheral vision quite a bit without ever realizing it. This is what causes the headaches. The progressives blur your peripheral vision causing your eyes to strain without knowing it's going on. I have a pair of prescription polarized RayBan's that I love. I like the traditional bi-focal in them since all I really use it for is to tie flies or look at my phone (not while driving of course ) The larger lens keeps the bi-focal line out of my line of site too. I wear low profile clear glasses also.
    Kevin
    "Fight like you're the 3rd monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark"

"Not every day is filled with sunshine. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"

2. Likes moucheur2003, yikes liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
    I just visited Smiths site and though confusing, click on sunglasses and Techlite (glass) Polarchromic Cooper. I need a new pair too. I intend to visit both Smith and Costa assuming they each have a booth at the NJ Show.
    I am hoping to do the same at Marlboro, although it looks as though Smith may not have a booth there. At least the Costa rep will be able to advise me what I might like best out of their offerings.

Techlite Polarchromic Copper is what I think I have on my current Smiths. It is very difficult to tell from the Smith website what the available options for prescription bifocals are, though.

I had to do an on-line "chat" with a Smith tech person to ascertain availability...but it apparently exists with the only limitation the frame styles they offer Rx in.

5. Default Re: Need prescription sunglass recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by bonefish41 View Post
    ) then get three Cocoon overs in Yellow, Blue Mirror grey base, and Green Mirror brown base.
    I tried Cocoons also and I like them. They really work too. I was walking along the lake with my daughter and and I said, "Look at all the fish right here by the bank." She replied, "What fish?" I gave her the Cocoons and her response was "Wow!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12