Bear bangers?

roadglideguy

Reaction score
Does anyone know the shelf life of bear bangers usually? I am considering buying a box and do not want to if they expire in a short time period...I cannot see anything on any of the sites! Thanks!

mikechell

Reaction score
As with most (safe) explosives, if it's kept cool and dry, it should last for years. Humidity is the worst enemy of stable, "gun-powder" based explosives.

geordie41

Reaction score
Oh disappointed I thought you meant bear sausages �� In the UK bangers = sausages. I can't imagine bear tasting very good anyway I think I'll stick to the pork ,leek and sage variety ��

lonm

Reaction score
Thats what I thought too.
Bear is awesome, I had some bangers made out of my last bear, but certainly not all sausage, awesome roasts and backstrap steaks were divine.

Oh disappointed I thought you meant bear sausages �� In the UK bangers = sausages. I can't imagine bear tasting very good anyway I think I'll stick to the pork ,leek and sage variety ��

smoke33

Reaction score
I won’t share what my first thought was when I read the title. It wasn’t appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikechell

Reaction score
On the other hand ... if you want to avoid bears, it's recommended you wear little bells, like the ones on cat toys, and carry pepper spray.

For bear hunters, how can you tell bear scat from other animal's?
It's the scat that smells of pepper spray and has little bells in it.

smoke33

Reaction score
On the other hand ... if you want to avoid bears, it's recommended you wear little bells, like the ones on cat toys, and carry pepper spray.

For bear hunters, how can you tell bear scat from other animal's?
It's the scat that smells of pepper spray and has little bells in it.
I read a story a while back where it was believed putting bells on hunting dogs backfired. More and more dogs were coming up missing. When found, they were killed by wolves. The belief was these bells actually became dinner bells for the wolves. Anytime they heard a bell going through the woods they knew a meal was attached.

shaunsquid

Reaction score
I won’t share what my first thought was when I read the title. It wasn’t appropriate.

Was trying to find a screenshot of the bear scene from a fine film by the name of Super Troopers, but could find none that were good quality and forum appropriate.