Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What are the best free print catalogs?

Fly water travel and yellow dog fly fishing both have beautiful print catalogs of the lodges and outfittters they work with. Great to keep on the coffee table.

2. Likes hairwing530 liked this post

Because I make lures too, I get a couple of catalogs that also contain fly tying supplies. These are not generally places that I buy a lot of tying supplies from, but they do seem to have good selections & I like having as many options as possible when I need something. I've never had any problems with any of them other than an occasional back-order.

Lurepartsonline.com/Anglersworkshop.com both owned by the same folks. Lure building, rod building & fly tying supplies.

Mudhole, mostly rod building but they have expanded into tackle making of other types, including fly tying.

Jann's Netcraft, they've been around a long time, and have a good selection of tying materials & hooks, in addition to lure building & rod building supplies.

Barlow's Tackle, I've been buying various things from them for many years. Another that expanded into fly tying.
    Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!

4. Likes hairwing530, ottosmagic13 liked this post

I get a catalog every Fall from the Rogue Angler from Eugene, OR. It's not your normal fly fishing catalog. It is filled with gifts that are fly fishing related. But it does have items for fly fishing, like fly boxes, rod & reel cases, wading staffs and more.

This is the perfect Christmas catalog ever.
    The only thing human kind ever learned through history, is that through history, human kind has learned nothing.

6. Likes el jefe, hairwing530 liked this post

I'm partial to Madison River Fishing Company's catalog. Down to earth and not flashy.

Just got the new Feather-Craft in the mail today. It seems that every year the print gets smaller

9. Likes scotty macfly, brownbass liked this post

I had no idea there were still so many print catalogs out there. And here I've been wasting my time looking at fly shops online. I feel an orgy of catalog ordering and reading coming on--nothing like a fly tackle catalog to pore over when it's winter outside.

I've had the old Cabela's catalog, and currently have the Fishin' Hole catalog (Western Canadian fishing store) and J. Stockard's catalog (great fly tying stuff). I keep them, along with most of my fly fishing magazines, in a rack next to the toilet in our upstairs bathroom. Perfect toilet reading.

Scott

[QUOTE=ottosmagic13;1095166

I do mean the Redding Fly Shop. I'll have to send them an email because I didn't see a spot on their website to request a print catalog. I have gotten one in the past.[/QUOTE]

On the back cover of my '05 catalog is says, "Insure that you will continue to receive our catalog by placing an order during the calendar year."

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

The Fullng Mills Fly catalog has pages of commercial ties on offer that pretty much cover the contemporary trends in the market. I never buy ready made flies but the picts give me ideas about new materials and techniques to try.

ddb

Quote Originally Posted by scotty macfly View Post
    I get a catalog every Fall from the Rogue Angler from Eugene, OR. It's not your normal fly fishing catalog. It is filled with gifts that are fly fishing related. But it does have items for fly fishing, like fly boxes, rod & reel cases, wading staffs and more.

This is the perfect Christmas catalog ever.
    Thanks I'll add that one to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJer View Post
    On the back cover of my '05 catalog is says, "Insure that you will continue to receive our catalog by placing an order during the calendar year."
    Welp that may explain it. Looks like I may have to order something, I loved that catalog.
    Q: How many turns on a whip finish? A: "Enough to cover your mistakes" - AK Best

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12