Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  97
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: For the Love of God!

Quote Originally Posted by rh6898 View Post
    Whenever I use the search function all I get is page after page of Ebay USA adds...
    We almost need a sticky on this for a minute. (Maybe it;s already been done. The solution is easy. Do an advanced search and specify you only want to see posts with two responses.

2. Thanks k_e_v thanked for this post

The search thing kind of works, but when I know the information is already posted in a great thread, and I try to find it again later, It never shows up on search which makes me mad because I know it’s there! Also search is information overload.

Fly shops can steer a guy the right way or sell old lines nobody wants. I’m sure that doesn’t happen too much.

Hey we are all fly fishing devotees, I’m sure my apprentice at work is tired of hearing fly fishing talk.

Not complaining or kicking ass on this thread, I could have said, I have a new tool for that, but that’s pretty boring. Also I’m actually surprised I use my grain scale way more than I thought I would.

Quote Originally Posted by unknownflyman View Post
    I suppose Iíve landed a couple hundred trout since January 7th 2018 Maybe more, probably.

Yeah I donít mind the redundancy I never posed anything about that really. Yeah the grain scale should really help on lines. I dunno Iím a problem solver.

Iím totally geeking out all weekend at the expo Hamline University St. Paul
    Iím quite sure lines will be discussed, rods will be cast, and gear will be bought.

Fly line head length, taper and weight is really all I need.
    I was messing with you of course Steve. I would like a grain scale. I am curious what some of my flies weigh. That streamer you posted was awesome.

5. Likes unknownflyman liked this post

Oh I know man! It’s good to see you posting again. I hope you are slaying those Northeast Iowa Rainbows, I see some beasts on film occasionally.

I didn’t tie that intruder, Yoda did, Andrew. He did teach me but I don’t tie them that way. I was seeing what he likes for weight because of my Shumakov tube fly experiments. His intruders catch a lot of steelhead can’t deny that.

Which I am going off rail again.

I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by unknownflyman View Post
    Oh I know man! It’s good to see you posting again. I hope you are slaying those. North east Iowa Rainbows, I see some beasts on film occasionally.
    I wish I was closer to the good Iowa water. It's about that time of year when they stock every puddle in the state. I am even looking forward to that.

Hope I didn't offtopic this offtopic thread too much

And yes the search function isn't perfect. I won't be telling people to use it often if I can help them with their redundant question.

Quote Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post

On a more serious note, while I get the point of the thread, we have to be tolerant of redundancy in threads. We can't get to the point where we tell folks to "just go do a search" very often. About everything has already been discussed here 58 times. There is no avoiding that fact.
    For crying out loud, I rarely bother with the redundant threads and almost never tell people use the search function. I just looked at the list of fresh posts and near the still going, live thread about fly line weights -- which I read and participated on -- with 7 pages of posts and a lot of good info there were brand new threads with the same friggin topic! Sure, it does not matter, at all. Yes, I can ignore them, and do. Yeah, to each his own, I just found it ironic and yep - redundant - so I made a joking comment. I wish this thread would die now too!

9. Likes Joey Bagels liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345