Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A day trek

Default Re: A day trek

Sounds like a nice day in a beautiful canyon. Your photos remind me of a very similar place I like to hike into. Canyons like that a special places.

Keep it secret, keep it safe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Bagels View Post
    Quality stuff there. Be careful of those bunnies. They look cute, but can be extremely dangerous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was without my holy hand grenade.lol

Thanks guys. Hope you all have some special place that is near to your heart. Doesn't have to be remote, unknown, or awesome fishing. Just a place that brings back good memories and a place to form new ones. This canyon will be the dumping spot for my ashes.....despite what the government says. Lol.

And Larry, you can take your time. It's only a race up when the bragging starts. Lol

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    Nice fish! Do you have anymore pictures of it lying in the dirt?
    As publicity increases so does the propensity of tripping over yards of mono attached to a Dipsey sinker.

3. Likes mcnerney liked this post
  4. Default Re: A day trek

Very nice.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

This is my favorite kind of fishing, seeking out these, local, out of the way places we call 'tweeners' :- )

Map recon at home, slow cruising the USFS roads with the GPS on the dash of the Jeep and a marked up map on a clip board, bushwacking in and out of canyons on an elk trail if we're lucky. Looking for that sweet section of water away from the campgrounds and 'trail head' access haha

I was in Search and Rescue for a lot of years in WY and we used to say that 80% of the people use 20% of the forest. I think it holds pretty true, we would find lost and over due folks a mile from a campground. Get away from the common entry points and you'll likely have things to yourself. We're in AZ now, in between the Moggion Rim and White Mountains only a few short hours from the Phoenix area, on the holiday weekends they flock up here, right to the campgrounds that take on the appearance of a refugee camp for the rich and famous :- )

.....yet there's no lack of quality fishing water for the locals.

6. Likes mcnerney liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12