Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hendrix Outdoors

1. Default Hendrix Outdoors

What about Hendrix Outdoors equipment? He has nice looking stuff at very reasonable prices. I'm considering. Any experience?

Default Re: Hendrix Outdoors

Until you mentioned it I'd never heard of them before. I can't seem to find much on the internet about them on their website except for a link to a rod/bow carrier for a pickup bed or ATV.

There are some inexpensive fly outfits for $99 that are branded "Hendrix Outdoors" sold by other websites so I'd guess they're importers-- rather than manufacturers...

What are you thinking of buying? If no one chimes in with experience with Hendrix Outdoors products, I'm sure folks could recommend alternatives in a comparable price range.

By the way, glad to see you haven't given up on fly fishing!
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
    By the way, glad to see you haven't given up on fly fishing!
    Indeed! I was afraid youd left us!
    I cant comment on the Hendrix outdoors products but if youre wanting to spend about $100 for an outfit you might take a look at Albright rods. There are several forum members who have raved about their products. They have some Topwater outfits for $100 plus their website claims that everything is 80% off.
    Albright Fly Fish - Fly Fishing Gear, Fly Fishing Tackle | AlbrightFlyFish.com
    Hope this helps
    Theres my half-nickel.........
    Seth

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

4. Likes williamhj liked this post
  5. Default Re: Hendrix Outdoors

Thanks, the $99.00 outfit is what I'm considering. Saw them at the big convocation here in Mountain Home, Arkansas recently. Yep, still considering.
    I'll check the others.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Well, I popped for a $299.00 outfit at Albrights on sale for $99.99. Guess I'm in.
    Had shoulder surgery, can't 'talk' much now. Will report later.

Congrats on the new outfit.
    Mark

I have a Hendrix reel from the 1890's... When I had it appraised the guy told me 10 bucks max

maybe not the same
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman1776 View Post
    Well, I popped for a $299.00 outfit at Albrights on sale for $99.99. Guess I'm in.
    Had shoulder surgery, can't 'talk' much now. Will report later.
    Wow, that was quick! Happy that you found something useful. Keep us posted.......
    Seth

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

Blog Entries

Hendrix Outdoors is a family owned operation based out of Fallon, Nevada. It is an outdoors sporting goods supplier to retailer. Over the past few years, it started its own brand labeling in the fly fishing industry. It has its own line of fly rods, reels, accessories, waders, and fly tying materials.

Like many other smaller operations, most of its products are made overseas. The rods, reels, and waders are made in China. It helps keep costs down to minimum, so Hendrix can pass the savings to the retailers then ultimately to the consumers. Hendrix does not sell directly to consumers through internet. It uses a retail network.

Since you are already considering an Albright setup, I won't discuss about its rods and reels.

MP

10. Default Re: Hendrix Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by cattech89 View Post
    Wow, that was quick! Happy that you found something useful. Keep us posted.......
    Was last day for sale, had to act quick. Might be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman1776 View Post
    Was last day for sale, had to act quick. Might be a good thing.
    You'll find that the "sales" at Albright are just a gimmick. Whatever new rods or reels they come up with, they'll print out it's MSRP and what they're selling it for. Since you can only by Albright rods and reels from Albright, they'll tell you you're getting a $495.00 MSRP rod for $199 (made in C???a of course). Better get them while the getting's good. Read the fine print on the warranty too. All closeout sales are final.
    Now if you go to the regular fly rods for sale, you'll find the MSRP's at $429 on sale for $189. All are that way.
    Good luck with your new rod.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast