Jewel Of The Fly Fishing Forums

kevind62

Reaction score
Stumbled across a couple more fly fishing forum sites. I'm absolutely amazed at how "unfriendly" these other sites are. Checking out their new member "welcome??" boards and see numerous posts from new members that show 100+, 200+, and 300+ "views" and not a single comment. Kind of hard to feel welcome when you see 300+ people have viewed your post and not a single "WELCOME to the forum!!" or even a simple hello. And the majority of the ones that do have comments have only one or two member comments with just a handful that have more than 6. Not a lot of activity. Most of the fishing "reports" are pretty much secretive about location with many not even listing the state they fished in.

So I hope all of you "senior" members (old guys), new members and all in between feel lucky and fortunate to have come across this site. If I had stumbled across those other sites first I might not have ever joined or searched for another forum. It would give a new comer the sense that this "fly fishing community" thing is not a very friendly place and full of snobs.

Two thumbs up for this one!! :thmbup::thmbup::grouphug:

olsaltydog

Reaction score
Well I will second what you have said, I joined a few sites when first started looking into fly fishing and quite a few the activity levels where sporadic or fairly low membership numbers, or the people where not very welcoming. I hit two pages in welcomes on this site when I joined and feel the membership numbers are good, welcoming and active as a community.

LimerickShaw

Reaction score
I tried joining a few and definitely was not liking them. I'm loving my experience here so far and I've gotten a ton of help from numerous people.

dharkin

Reaction score
Kevin,

You're such a kiss **s!:D

Just kidding Kevin, it really is a great forum and source of info.

brownbass

Reaction score
I have only one other forum I frequent that pertains solely to fly fishing and that is our fellowship page. This forum is by far the best of the best. Glad to be a member here.

Bill

stenacron

Reaction score
Head and shoulders above the rest of the pack and the gap back to second isn't even close. ;)

kentuckysteve

Reaction score
This is a great forum and the members are the best.I was a member of another forum recently and was there for a good long time.I seen more than once a moderator argued with its members and started treated them like they were stupid and when the members voiced their opinion that same moderator quickly had their admin lock the thread.I signed off and have never went back.The moderators and admin on this forum do a fantastic job preventing most threads from getting out of hand and enforcing the rules and along with the members here continue to make and keep this forum the best fly fishing forum on the net.I try to welcome every new member i see sign on here.I received a nice welcome when i joined and i think new members deserve it.If they take the time to introduce themselves and say hi then the least i can do is say Hi and Welcome to the forum.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Kevin,

This forum has it's ups & downs but generally we have a high enough level of participation that even on a down cycle we remain active and I believe somewhat helpful to new members. My special thanks goes out to those who offer advice and answers to even the most basic questions or problems. All of you who post here are the reason so many enjoy the site :)

bonefish41

Reaction score
With very few exceptions we are all consumers...neither a stalking horse for vendors of flyfishing equipment nor their shills or claques. Thus we exchange opinions based upon our individual experiences with our equipment. Thus flyfishing is the crown and this forum is the jewel in the crown.

Reactions: Ard

JDR

Reaction score
Actually I think it is one of the best forums (fora) on the internet regardless of subject.

shaunsquid

Reaction score
I have said it before, and I will say it again: This place is an oasis in the vast desert of horrific **** on the internet. The members here are more friendly than you will find on any other forum.

kevind62

Reaction score
Well, I must admit I do have my doubts about the reality of this site and it's members. I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't some AI controlled site with computer generated responses??? Or could it be a spy site controlled by extraterrestrials from outer space???? After all, the only "real" person I've actually met face to face on here is Larry (AKA McNerney). And in my encounters with him he was wearing an oxygen bottle to help him breath. Granted, I didn't see any antennas protruding from his head (you know, like "My Favorite Martian?). But I did notice that once in a while he would slip off by himself for a bit. Thinking now he may have been off reporting his findings for the day with the mother ship. Hmmmm.

It's all starting to make sense now.

:suspicious::peep:
:alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
You should come up here to fish for Kings sometime and while you're here I'll revert back to a reptillian and absorb your human proteins. Every now and then I need a lift myself.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Actually I think it is one of the best forums (fora) on the internet regardless of subject.
I agree. I have been a heavy user of forums for 25 years. I only recall two as friendly as this place and one of them is too small to even count. I get aggravated with this place at times when we get a few too many negative threads at once, but fact is this is about as good as it gets.

Unknownflyman

Reaction score
Cool fourm, cool people, I’ve met and fished with a bunch and put some on a bunch of nice fish. There is no question in my mind that they will respect the rivers and it’s wild inhabitants.