Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Default black #18-22 curved/pupa/emerger hook; barbless and fine wire? chemical treatments?

hello good sirs and misses,
    as the title suggests, i need to source some of these hooks or look into chemical treatment of doing it myself again. has anyone successfully changed the color of their hooks to more natural color? i fish for the toughest fish, in the slowest water and anything other then black during daylight hours is a foolish proposition.

gamakastu has some that start in 26-30 but i want a similar option but smaller. i hate paying 6+ dollars but, will. i would prefer to change the color of some of the 2 dollar hooks i really like everything else on.

i will continue to research what options i have to change the goldish finish of the more common hooks. i will need to familiarize myself with the specific alloyed metal used by the company so that i can investigate the corresponding industrial finishing options available. i believe it can be done i just need to keep reading or experimenting.

if anyone can help me complete this important job i would be very grateful.
    peace and long life!

Default Re: black #18-22 curved/pupa/emerger hook; barbless and fine wire? chemical treatment

Black hook, bronze hook... can't they still see it?

Sounds like presentation may be getting you versus a visible hook. Just a guess.
    "Joe"

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring

3. Likes mcnerney liked this post
  4. Default Re: black #18-22 curved/pupa/emerger hook; barbless and fine wire? chemical treatment

Sharpie???

5. Likes jaywar liked this post

Default Re: black #18-22 curved/pupa/emerger hook; barbless and fine wire? chemical treatment

Muratic acid?

Just re-read your post. Realized I thought you were trying to turn black hooks bronze. I guess I've got nothing to say. Carry on