Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to improve accuracy when fishing slightly side-armed and fly questions

I use those under and over powered curve casts a lot for dry flies and casting down river swinging wet flies and streamers on a grease line presentation. I vary the size of the curve as needed.

The beauty using this cast swinging is I get a broadside presentation in front of logs or rocks and the myriad of other hazards on the driftless. I can keep the fly swing speed up while avoiding the hazard and the fly looks like it’s bolting from the bank straight out into the river. I’m set up, an additional downriver mend keeps the speed up and extra slack out of the line system a simple sweep sets the hook. I can use this on a longer cast and short.

I have friends say your line landed in a curve instead of straight, bad cast. After they give me a hard time I’m not going to explain it was intentionally done. LOL

This especially works well in shallow water and above weeds.

Using current and learning to work the right angles is very important for effective fly fishing.

2. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Default Re: How to improve accuracy when fishing slightly side-armed and fly questions

When im bored i throw out a few tennis balls in my yard. Tie on a piece of yarn for my fly and try to land the yarn on the ball. Aim small miss small. Walk around to change it up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

4. Likes LimerickShaw liked this post

Sometimes jumping fish are feed from nymphs emerging. I will always try pheasant tails or prince nymphs and go from there. I like attractor flies the best.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12