Not the best fishing year I've seen

jdwy

Reaction score
For anyone who sometimes shows an interest in my local area of northwest Wyoming, my experiences the last 6+ months plus observation of others out on the water backs up this less than wonderful fishing outlook. If you scroll down to the "June 9th---Fishing Outlook for 2018" in my opinion he hits the nail on the head. NOT exactly your local fly shop/chamber of commerce glowing report but unfortunately true.
Current Fishing Report

corn fed fins

Reaction score
Waters getting hit hard by weather all over. I'm staying off many streams as water here is too low and temp is becoming the issue. Nature has her cycles.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
These are the times when as fly fishermen we should be thankful for our memories, our experiences and our ability to look past a gloomy present toward a brighter future.

Ard

hambone111

Reaction score
Yeah, i havnt had any complaints this year about fishing taking too much of a priority over home life unfortunately.

we basically got blown out of April, May and the beginning of June and now waters have dropped right to summer levels.

on the bright side ive had a lot of time to get back on the MT Bike and get in shape and havnt felt bad about deciding to ride or to fish.

there is always the fall and looking forward to next year