Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Dvds

Default Dvds

I'm looking for the next step in fly fishing. I have been fishing pretty much all summer, and have the basics down. Now it's time to figure out some better techniques and terminology that I see and hear on the river and the fly shops. So if you guys would have any info on any good dvds it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ben.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dvds

Hi Ben,

Please give me a hint of what the techniques and terminologies you are hearing are. Also are you primarily dry fly, nymph, or a streamer fisherman; or the ever popular all of the above?

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Kelly Galloup's, Nymphing by the Numbers is a good video. He covers a lot of different rigging options and will demonstrate the fishing techniques suited for the rigs.

I wasn't sure if it would worth purchasing, so I checked it out at the library first. I think it's definitely worth picking up.

Crawl around on UTube There are tons of good and bad tips. I learned about the "Jump Roll Cast" (Spey casters = Snake Cast) and added it to casting when needed.

Cabela's will clean out theirs from time to time and you can get them cheap.

Have fun with the research. It is never ending.
    CritterGetter

I agree, U TUBE pretty much instructed me how to cast, and tie flies!! If your like me and on a budget, spend time on the tube before you spend money on dvds.

Blog Entries

Another site that offers a ton of information is Ask About Fly Fishing Internet Radio, browse through their archives: Show Archive - Ask About Fly Fishing

Larry