Multiple Sales Posts

wtex50

Reaction score
Is it just me or are others tired of the multiple sales threads that keep showing up on this site. Today it was Nike shoes...and I believe there were 8 of them. Is there anything that can be done to stop this?

plland

Reaction score
It's called spam. The moderators ususally do their best to delete them as soon as they appear, but obviously there is going to be some delay time before the mods see them. To help out, you could click that little red triangle in the upper right corner of a post you think needs to be deleted, which alerts the mods about that post.

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi to all,

We ban and delete the post as soon as we see them. I usually check first thing in the morning but did not today. I just got out of the hospital yesterday and haven't felt like being on line.

You don't have to do anything about the Spam post, they will be deleted as soon as they are seen.

Frank

BlueBird

Reaction score
These people who sells those stupid stuffs are morons. Even if they do want to sell, it should go under the "Classified Ads"

It only shows how retarded they are... this is a Fly Fishing column or website and they sell unrelated items and in the wrong place. Use Craigs List or ebay for crying out out.

DUH to them big time!!!

Hate those spammers... :ranting3:

Is it just me or are others tired of the multiple sales threads that keep showing up on this site. Today it was Nike shoes...and I believe there were 8 of them. Is there anything that can be done to stop this?

ezamora

Reaction score
i wouldn't necessarily call it retarded. it's done automatically, no? complete bombardment by automated software. maybe the use of fields with generated images (characters and numbers) to be filled in by a poster can be utilized. it's a pain but may cut down on the workload of the mods.

on the otherhand, i rarely see as much as i saw today, and only noticed a few in weeks past, a testament to the diligence of our moderators to delete this stuff quickly. possibly sleeping in late and being on the left coast helps me too lol

get well soon frank. i hope all is well or soon on its way.

eric
fresno, ca.

axle27

Reaction score
It might elimnate alot of this if they added a subroutine that makes someone retype a set of characters that is given in a font picture. This stops automatic software from posting things like this.

Probably someone got a sign-on and used a program to automatically sign in and post.

Lastly, if it's a person, said person should be blocked and summarily shot...mob style.