No trophy but significant anyway.....

Big Bird

Reaction score
Been 30 years since I last flipped a fly. Got a chance to use my Wild Water starter kit this morning. My shoulder is sore, some good casts, more not so good. Too big an arc and too fast... when I slowed down and got a little rhythm the fly or popper in this case (#10) did close to what I was hoping. This is the first, of many I hope, killer blue gills I caught on the new rig. Certainly not a record breaker but satisfying for sure... and fun! Caught several more and a couple small LMB.

IMG_0962.JPG

bonefish41

Reaction score
As ole Gene sang "back in the saddle again"...nothing quite like it

pdq5oh

Reaction score
Bluegills are a ball to catch. I fish for them all the time in summer. Good fighters for their size. Good getting back into fly fishing. Have fun.

Big Bird

Reaction score
Nice. What is that big orange thing on the spinning rod? Foam for floating a dropped rod? Hook retainer? Both? LOL
It's a Bass Depth Charge!... ok, maybe not.

Yup, it's a float. I do much of my fishing from my Kayak and I operate with the idea that every thing loose on the Yak needs to float... including the pilot :). BTW, if you pull up a sliver Pflueger President spinning rig from Lake Fork, that would be mine..... Another tip, don't try and steer your Kayak like a motorcycle, leaning does not provide the same results....

Last edited: