Sun Valley Idaho guide recommendations

edreilly

Reaction score
I have had good experiences with guides from Silver Creek Outfitters. I fished with Jim Curran from there in July and he is great but I believe he focuses entirely on Silver Creek. A few years ago I had a couple of days with guides from the shop and was quite happy, I just don’t remember their names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cwb124

Reaction score
Ask the guide about the potential to go down to the lower little wood around the Bear Track Williams area for an afternoon. October would be perfect for the big browns laying in that water. Much better and enjoyable fishing than Silver Creek in my opinion. You don't even need a guide for Silver Creek. You just need to know how to fish dry flies downstream on a 7x leader.

sparsegraystubble

Reaction score
It is a bit longer to drive, but Silver Creek Outfitters used to have some private stretches of the Big Lost River near Mackey tied up and would take clients in on a guided wading trip.

The good stretches of that river are almost all private or at least difficult to access, but it is a great river especially in the fall. I liked it better in the fall below Mackey Reseroir because Kokanee run and they can disrupt the fishing, especially with dries.

But there is a lot of great fall fishing in Idaho.

Don