Thanks Thanks:  71
Likes Likes:  208
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liphookedau Guest

Default Re: Thinking of Fred Evans as I Post This;

Thanks Ard .
    Like everyone else none of us like to hear another one of us has suffered from A stroke as quite a few of us are getting a few years on us so I'm with you all Wishing Fred & his family all our Best Wishes & Prayers as we all know how much stress it can cause.
    Also like everyone else I'm hoping he can again correspond with us all after his treatment.
    Hopefully we can get some better news on how he's going.
    Brian

We all wish "The Sultan of Spey" a speedy recovery.

ft09

“If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago.”
    ~Zane Grey

" . . . shouldn't a man stand on his own two feet and catch his own steelhead? Maybe put out some effort and find his own fish just for the fun of it?"
    ~Syd Glasso

3. Likes mcnerney, hairwing530 liked this post

Fred sighting...so I was a bit surprised when I checked in this morning and had a "Like" notice from none other than Fred. I looked for a recovery update but couldn't find one. I'm taking there has been improvement since this is the first I've seen sign of him in quite a while...have I missed and update?
    Adoption is Amazing

5. Thanks spm thanked for this post
    Likes ejsell, plecain, hairwing530 liked this post
    Blog Entries

I've been wondering the same thing and was about to post a query on Fred's health. Hopefully, good news is coming.

steve
    "As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler" ...Izaak Walton

"Nothing is as bad as something that is not so bad"...Sr. Percival Blakeney, aka The Scarlet Pimpernel

7. Likes hairwing530 liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scoutm View Post
    Fred sighting...so I was a bit surprised when I checked in this morning and had a "Like" notice from none other than Fred. I looked for a recovery update but couldn't find one. I'm taking there has been improvement since this is the first I've seen sign of him in quite a while...have I missed and update?
    Well that is some good news. I have also seen him do a few posts on FB.
    Larry

9. Default Re: Thinking of Fred Evans as I Post This;

I know I’m late to the party. I was just thinking I hadn’t heard anything from Fred in awhile, so I googled him and was directed here. I remember one of his posts (referring to his past (working) life) saying that he “could track smoke”.
    Fred, get well and stick around. Not everyone has a fan club.

10. Likes Rip Tide liked this post
    Blog Entries

The latest info I received came by way of his daughter I have copied the message below.

He has as the same email address, but I don't think he gets on it as much...maybe not remembering how? His dementia is definitely progressing. He was so mad last night, demanding I get him home or give him his car so he could drive. He didn't remember having a stroke and being in the hospital/rehab for 6 weeks. Thinks he can drive and walk I told him if we moved him somewhere else it would be too far away for me to be able to pick him up to see Turkey and he wouldn't be able to see her again. Not entirely true, but there wouldn't be quick stops and visits.

Here is the address for the home:
    1615 Edmonds Ave NE
    Renton, WA 98056

He is usually awake at normal meal times now and a bit easier to get a hold of by phone .

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Thanks for the update, Ard. I watched my father as he went through dementia. It is very sad. I'll be thinking of Fred and of his daughter, as well. This is a difficult time for her.

Thanks,
    steve
    "As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler" ...Izaak Walton

"Nothing is as bad as something that is not so bad"...Sr. Percival Blakeney, aka The Scarlet Pimpernel

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678