Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  53
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: The best 16 oz travel mug?

Quote Originally Posted by trout stalker View Post
    I have searched all over for a mug / bottle. One that would keep things hot and also cold for long periods of time. Doesn't leak or sweat and leave water in the cup holder. This is water I use : Insulated Coffee Mugs 16oz, Stainless Steel Mug | Klean Kanteen
    I have several Klean Kanteens. The hot liquads stay hot for 10 hours and the cold stay cold for 30 hours. The also adapt to water filters. I got one for my brother and was amazed how hot his coffee stayed.
    I think you may have found my next mug.

2. Likes trout stalker liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by singlehand View Post
    I think you may have found my next mug.
    My wife has 2 of the Klean Kanteens and she swears by them. See also has a Hydro Flask but wasn't impressed with it. Myself I have the the wide mouth insulated 20oz bottle and 2 of the wide mouth non-insulated 40oz bottles. All 3 also adapt to my MSR water filter.

Just wanted to add that make sure you get the Leak proof Cafe Cap 2.0.
    Last edited by trout stalker; Today at 05:00 AM.
    RJ

Quote Originally Posted by trs View Post
    My first thought would be only 16oz?? might be okay for a short trip but why chance it. Over the years I have used a variety of mugs all over 20 oz, eventually, they all start leaking or grow legs and wander away. I do highly recommend the green Stanley thermos as the ideal refill storage device, the best ones are older and found at yard sales. The date is stamped on the bottom, my current one is from 1969.
    I've got my USA made Stanley thermos in 1979, doesn't look like new, but still works like new!

Denny

5. Likes trs, mcnerney liked this post

This is puzzling to me.
    Beer already comes in cans.... what do you need a travel mug for ?
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

I have a Thermos/Nissan travel mug. I've been using it for almost 10 years. It's a fine travel mug. Works great for me.

As an aside, I also use a Yeti travel mug. I'm a fan of Yeti but I don't see this as head and shoulders above any of my other mugs. Even preheated, which I do with all my mugs, it doesn't stay hot much longer. Cold - that's another story. It will keep beverages ice cold and ice in solid form for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by kevind62 View Post
    This is probably the finest your money can buy.

Attachment 13050
    We really need to bring back the dislike button. I apologize for quoting his post and putting those ugly mugs back in your faces again.

9. Thanks trs thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
    We really need to bring back the dislike button. I apologize for quoting his post and putting those ugly mugs back in your faces again.
    Yep. they should pay us to look at them.
    Working in Mississippi near the state line I am forced to interact daily with "roll tiders"
    Usually I can get rid of them by saying "Yes, I would like fries with that."

11. Likes tx_newb, trs liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
    Life is like a box of chocolates...and a river runs through it. Or something like that.

13. Likes el jefe, trs, dharkin liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123