Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  85
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: The best 16 oz travel mug?

Quote Originally Posted by singlehand View Post
    As of this writing I'm sipping on six-hour old, warm coffee.
    Sometimes I preheat my bottle with hot tap water before putting the coffee in. It does keep coffee hot for a long time. You are correct about the cap. I totally forgot about how tight it is to open but I am use to it because I like the leak proof and how it insulates better.
    RJ

2. Likes singlehand liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    Simms will send you a 20 for $30, I know that's not as rich as an Abel but they do say Simms on them
    Simms actually has a travel mug?! That's hilarious! I thought you were kidding, and then I went and looked it up. I guess it shouldn't surprise; Sage offered a humidor for a while.

So Abel can't be far behind on the travel mug. It will cost 3X the Simms, and for another $125 you can get the Brown Trout pattern on it. I think Abel is missing a real revenue opportunity here.

Quote Originally Posted by el jefe View Post

So Abel can't be far behind on the travel mug. It will cost 3X the Simms, and for another $125 you can get the Brown Trout pattern on it. I think Abel is missing a real revenue opportunity here.
    I wish they would, so Id feel better about what I spent on this one. Lol
    Life is like a box of chocolates...and a river runs through it. Or something like that.

5. Likes el jefe liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by trout stalker View Post
    Sometimes I preheat my bottle with hot tap water before putting the coffee in. It does keep coffee hot for a long time. You are correct about the cap. I totally forgot about how tight it is to open but I am use to it because I like the leak proof and how it insulates better.
    I always preheat as well. And insulation and no leaking are more important than an easy to open cap. I'm liking the mug more and more as I get used to this. Also probably ordering a second bottle for my hip pack.

7. Likes chi flyfisher, trout stalker liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    No doubt you have the waders with the zippered front
    Correct

I honestly don't know how I lived and fished for so long without them.

I recently made an unintended observation regarding the Klean Kanteen that's worth mentioning. After filling it up one morning I forgot to twist the cap and instead left it "open" for about four hours. Surprisingly, the coffee was still hot, which is probably because the lid is designed to retain heat while being open. So, it can actually function as a one-handed mug, for instance when driving, which is really nice.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345