Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  38
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Flies and/or Supplies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery (2019)

It is time to start a new thread requesting flies for both 2019 Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery programs. This will be the seventh straight year we have donated flies and fly fishing materials to CFR and PHW. If you have any excess flies that you would like to donate or are willing to tie up six or maybe a dozen for those two great organizations, that would be wonderful. The flies don't need to be all the same pattern, but they do need to be unused flies. They get distributed all over the country, so don't worry about the type of fly, it will get used by some deserving vets! If you can't tie or don't tie flies, we also except fly boxes, nippers, forceps, tippet, leaders or other fly fishing related items that would be appropriate as raffle items for the respective retreats.

The Project Healing Waters fly donation will be going to Bob Gartner who is the program lead at Ft Belvoir and was a tremendous help the last several years in getting our flies distributed throughout the country to those PHW's programs in need. Last year our flies were added to the flies generated in the two fly tying marathons that PHW's put on, for a total of 7,000 flies that were distributed around the country. We ended up donating just over 1,500 flies to PHW, if I remember correctly. It never ceases to amaze me what a few people can do to help those in need.

We also are planning on donating flies to the Casper PHW program, as well as the Wyoming CFR program, and the Utah CFR program. If you have a favorite PHW or CFR program and want to donate your flies to them, let me know and I will make it happen. Last year we had 27 forum members who helped out with this project and we were able to donate 1500 flies and a ton of fly fishing related items to both of those great organizations. Thanks everyone that helped donate flies, materials and cash!!!!!

Paying it forward the best I can.......please help out if you feel inclined!

If your willing to donate flies or fly fishing related items to either Project Healing Waters or Casting for Recovery send me a PM and I will forward my address.

My goal is to have all donated flies and fly fishing accessories to me by the end of April 2019, so I can get them mailed to the respective organizations.

Volunteers for the 2019 PHW and CFR fly and fly material donation:
    1. Kevind62........donation received!
    2. Hairwing530
    3. McNerney
    4. Spm
    5. Idahoflyfishmn........donation received!
    6. Ottosmagic13
    7. JoJer and Scoutm
    8. Dennyk
    9. Clsmith131
    10. Dillon
    11.Rrc51sport........donation received!
    12. Murkin
    13. Wjlapier
    14. Kata2012
    15. Definistrated29
    Last edited by mcnerney; Today at 12:22 PM.
    Larry

2. Likes smoke33, hairwing530, dennyk, ejsell, rc51sport liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Flies and/or Supplies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery (2019)

I'm in.

steve
    "As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler" ...Izaak Walton

"Nothing is as bad as something that is not so bad"...Sr. Percival Blakeney, aka The Scarlet Pimpernel

4. Likes mcnerney, hairwing530, rc51sport liked this post
    beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan

Default Re: Flies and/or Supplies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery (2019)

Larry,

Of course, I'm in! But, you already knew that. And, since I officially made my way back onto the "remission status" list yesterday after the unwelcome challenges from early 2018, there won't be any treatment regiments to get in my way and impede my time at the tying bench.

Besides, spending more time at the vise will give the left ankle/Achilles tendon their full measure of sufficient healing time.

Thanks for taking the reins on this project once again, old friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

6. Likes ggriffi, mcnerney, ejsell, rc51sport, spm, smoke33 liked this post

I'm in again.

Glad to help. :-)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Q: How many turns on a whip finish? A: "Enough to cover your mistakes" - AK Best

8. Likes mcnerney, hairwing530, ejsell, rc51sport liked this post

Larry,
    Last year Scoutm sent me a patch of moose hair and asked that I donate some flies to PHW or another such group. I finished a couple of dozen midges and have been stalling on the box to send them in. I was all over the local PHW site but couldn't find a contact number so's to hand them off. Send me an address and I'll send the flies and the rest of the moose patch. Just make sure Scout m gets credit. PM on the way. -John

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

10. Likes hairwing530, mcnerney, ejsell, rc51sport liked this post
    Blog Entries

Hi Larry, count me in again for 2019.

Thanks!

Denny

12. Likes hairwing530, mcnerney, rc51sport liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoJer View Post
    Larry,
    Last year Scoutm sent me a patch of moose hair and asked that I donate some flies to PHW or another such group. I finished a couple of dozen midges and have been stalling on the box to send them in. I was all over the local PHW site but couldn't find a contact number so's to hand them off. Send me an address and I'll send the flies and the rest of the moose patch. Just make sure Scout m gets credit. PM on the way. -John
    Thanks everyone that has stepped up and offered to support this year's PHW donation drive, it is very much appreciated!
    John, I hear you about Scoutm, he is a very good friend of mine and a strong supporter of our PHW drive in past years. Its great to hear your Pay it Forward story about the moose patch!
    Larry

14. Likes hairwing530, rc51sport liked this post

I will tie up at least a dozen Seal buggers.

16. Likes mcnerney, hairwing530, rc51sport liked this post

Although I have never served, I have extreme respect and appreciation for those who are currently and our vets.
    I would love to help out! Larry, I will send you a PM later with a couple questions.

Thanks!

18. Likes mcnerney, hairwing530 liked this post

Count me in for tying some flies.
    I like lemons and I like water, but lemon water is just wrong.

My Fishing/Garage Tinkering YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuf...jPB5XCLWQyfghg

20. Likes hairwing530, rc51sport, mcnerney liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast