New to the forum, just saying hi.

Tanker

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, I figured it would be good to introduce my self. I live in south central Pennsylvania, and recently retired form the Army. Spend most days working on my honey do list. Hunt and fish when not doing that. I have fly fished since I was about 10. My first fly rod set up was a gift from WW2 vet that I helped. I have been hooked since then. Now my kids and I fly fish and 2-3 nights a week we tie flies. We're not real good at it but we enjoy it. My daughter is 8 and she would rather fish than anything else. I look forward to talking to everyone and learning a lot.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello from a Northcentral Pennsylvania expatriate, I'm sure I may be familiar with streams you visit. Welcome to the forum :)

I sincerely believe you will be surprised at both the activity lever of members here as well as the friendly atmosphere of the group.

Ard

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Tanker

Welcome to the forum and a big thank you for your service!
We're glad to have you join in with us!

duker

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Tanker. I think you'll find it one of the best. Pull up a chair, grab a beverage, and I hope you share more about your family and fishing.

Scott.

CutThroat Leaders

Business Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, this place is full of great info and some great people as well. Thanks for your service. I also have a daughter that loves to fish... Many great memories made on the river together. I look forward to hearing about some of your future trips.

dennyk

Reaction score
Hi Tanker and welcome to the forum. Thank you also for your service to our country! Lots of good folks here, ask all the questions you want.

:welcomean

Denny

spm

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Tanker. I also thank you for your service. This is a great forum and place to learn things. Don't be shy about asking questions. Everyone needs help sometime.

steve

Monello

Reaction score
My daughter is 8 and she would rather fish than anything else.
Way to go dad.

Fingers crossed for this weekend:
ff_3219697c_full.jpg

Actually I don't care which team wins. My son went Army. :( Not sure where I went wrong. But he loves what he does and gets to travel all over.

flytie09

Reaction score
Welcome Tanker, glad you're here. Feel free to browse topics and add to the discussions. Always good to have other perspectives on here.

ft09 - Mike