Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Winston rods

1. Default Winston rods

I bought a winston ascent rod a few weeks ago and just do not care for it a little to soft for me so I passed it on to my wife. I was thinking about getting a winston vapor. They say its a fast action rod. I was wondering if anyone has fished the vapor? how does it cast? Do you like it?
    Thanks for any info
    Bear

Default Re: Winston rods

Quote Originally Posted by arfishinbear View Post
    I bought a winston ascent rod a few weeks ago and just do not care for it a little to soft for me so I passed it on to my wife. I was thinking about getting a winston vapor. They say its a fast action rod. I was wondering if anyone has fished the vapor? how does it cast? Do you like it?
    Thanks for any info
    Bear
    The Sage Fli is a fast rod, and they're on close out now. Give it a try. Made in US too.

3. Default Re: Winston rods

Thanks Pete, but I already own one. lol They are a great rod. I am a bit of a gear junky I am afraid. That and someone already bought me a winston t-shirt and hat,,sooo I guess I ought to own a winston rod. lol
    Life is unfair I'm afraid so little time and so mnay fish and so much gear.
    Bear

Default Re: Winston rods

i fished a vapor a couple of months ago for freshwater stripers. nice rod, i dug the color, i'm pretty sure it was a 9 foot 7wt. but it wasn't up to the task (or maybe it was me) for casting a big clouser with a T-14 sinking line from a float tube, a challenge itself for someone who normally fishes 4wt floating trout lines. a faster TFO TiCrX 9 foot 7wt WAS and worked better for me in those conditions.

eric
    fresno, ca.