Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  44
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Simms vs Patagonia

You can't go wrong with either brand.

2. Likes coug, mcnerney liked this post
  3. Default Re: Simms vs Patagonia

On my 5th pair of Rio G waders in 6 years. Patagonia does a great job of sending me a new pair when problems develop with the old ones, which is often. If you want reliability, go with Simms.

4. Likes mcnerney, clay tonian liked this post

I agree with foulhook3160, the reason a company has an outstanding customer service department is because they NEED it.

The car companies that advertise their 100,000 bumper to bumper warranties are the makes that you will have to use that warranty! They need it in order to sell their product.

Waders and boots are an item that I want to purchase and not have to worry about customer service unless I abuse the product or have a catastrophic issue where I damage the item.

Normal use of a quality product should not require constant repair. Maintenance yes, take care of your equipment and it should take care of you. My G4 waders have been bomb proof so far and the Korkers BOA boots to. Both were money well spent.

6. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by foulhook3160 View Post
    On my 5th pair of Rio G waders in 6 years. Patagonia does a great job of sending me a new pair when problems develop with the old ones, which is often. If you want reliability, go with Simms.
    Funny, I had the same experience with two pairs of Simms that you had with Patagonia. Just goes to show that if you finally get a pair that fits well and does not leak then plan on keeping them for a while! Not sure about the comment on excellent customer service, but both Patagonia and Simms have outstanding service and stand behind what they sell. Cannot go wrong with either brand just expect some lemons for both. Also glad both are available direct from factor for people like me without fly shops nearby.

8. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

I think these things can be pretty much like cars, one guy can drive a car for 200,000 miles on just oil changes and air filters while the other guy with the same car has major troubles. You can't convince the 200,000 mile man that these cars are no good and visa versa.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

10. Likes jbcissell, coug, lacivic99, mcnerney, tex68w liked this post
  11. Default Re: Simms vs Patagonia

I'm on my second pair of Patagonia Skeena River waders. The first had no problems. Used them for three years and got a new pair because I got a deal. I wear Simms boots. Don't buy the cheap Simms boots. They are garbage. I had a pair come apart with less than 25 days in them. Simms has great customer service and let me upgrade for just the difference in the price. My wife has the same cheap pair but with less than 20 days in them and I noticed today they're coming apart as well. Hoping Simms will do the same on this pair of boots. The next boot up is a much better boot.

They both have great customer service. I just happen to like what Patagonia stands for so I buy their products. Read some of Chouinard's books or listen to his interviews and you may find they are doing way more as a company than most know. You might even find the answer as to why they don't manufacture in America (it is there).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

12. Likes coug, mcnerney, tex68w liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by bob3700 View Post
    I agree with foulhook3160, the reason a company has an outstanding customer service department is because they NEED it.

The car companies that advertise their 100,000 bumper to bumper warranties are the makes that you will have to use that warranty! They need it in order to sell their product.
    I can't agree with this at all lol. That is a very broad statement and biased.

I had my last set of Simms waders for a long time but they weren't without issues and they had to be repaired a few times, one of which I wish they had just replaced them like Patagonia seems to do. Simms boots don't hold up at all, but they tend to stand behind them. Everyone's experience is different and their own, but I think to make a statement that broad is a tad ludicrous.

Hello everyone,

Thank you all so much for your reply and your advice I took all of it into consideration and I greatly appreciate the brainstorming and the honesty. I’ve decided to go with the Patagonia Rio Gallegos, I feel like they’re the better fit for me. At the end of the year and after use I will be able to give feedback on the quality and longevity. I plan on posting some YouTube videos over the life of thieve waders.

Cheers,

Pilot

15. Thanks jbcissell thanked for this post
    Likes photoguy liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123