First Thread of 2019!

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
At least I think it's the first.

Here's hoping we have another year of growth ahead and that all of you new members and old alike will remain active so that we remain the most active & best fishing spot on the www :cool:

Happy New Year

bumble54

Reaction score
It always amuses me when people wish me "happy new year" ,and although I always return the wish, I tend not to look for change in the coming year (things rarely turn out as you would wish anyway) but instead view each day as a potential new beginning. A day when you learn nothing new is a day wasted for me. I'm building a new kitchen from scratch at the moment, raw materials to finished product, never done it that way before but it's the sort of challenge and a learning process that I love, much like fishing, a day fishing when you learn nothing is a lesser day for me. I woke up a couple of weeks ago and tore out the fireplace on no more than a whim, built a new one in two days, immense satisfaction in completing a project, especially one you've never tackled before.
Some new fly patterns are forming in my mind, based on past experiences, and I will spend time at the vice when time allows, and I may build a new rod this year, something I haven't done for 25 years. I may even finish the reel I started turning on the lathe but put on the back burner when I found other more urgent tasks to complete.

jeep.ster

jeepster
Reaction score
Happy New Year. We almost had snow this morning in the old pueblo.

I joined membership here on a cold new year's day, 01/01/2013.

duker

Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope that 2019 brings good fishing and forum-ing.

Scott

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
You're gonna smile at this. The first thing I thought of when I got up today and remembered this thread was...…….. Oh boy, I hope I put the right year on that :)

You know how that works right, you fill out something in early January or write a check and put 2018 on the date line...……….. Apparently I was thinking when I posted.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Love this place. Best wishes to all my internet friends and even you Dewayne. Heres hoping a happy, healthy and prosperous 2019 to all
I got a good chuckle out of your "Best wishes to all my internet friends and even you Dewayne"! LOL!

Happy New Year to everyone and I hope you all have awesome fishing this coming year.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Love this place. Best wishes to all my internet friends and even you Dewayne. Heres hoping a happy, healthy and prosperous 2019 to all
You slipped this one by me until Larry pointed it out. :) We need to go fishing in 2019. You haven't even seen my new Simms fishing jacket yet. Before you know it I'll have the full douchebag outfit like you. Maybe someday you'll even convince me I need a half dozen $1000 rods to fish Driftless water I can spit across. Speaking of that, where the hell is Rich lately? :)

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
If there's another Driftless gettogether thread all I can say is that everyone better not come up with some scheduling conflict before it can happen. I was all pins & needles looking forward to the final report last time but we all know what happened. I'll let it slide if there's a flood but otherwise you guys need to get into costume and get out there :)

I'd offer to come down but I'll be busy chasing the Last King.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
It will happen in 2019. Weather was indeed messed up but there were opportunities. Truth is we are just chasing a few 14" semi-wild fish and some comradery after hours. The last one was a blast and I will make the next one happen.

Ard, someday you'll probably live in the lower 48 and we'll make you show up for a fun weekend. We might even buy the beer. We aren't dead yet so put it on the long-term calendar. You'd enjoy the challenge. :)

k_e_v

Reaction score
Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your
If there's another Driftless gettogether thread all I can say is that everyone better not come up with some scheduling conflict before it can happen. I was all pins & needles looking forward to the final report last time but we all know what happened. I'll let it slide if there's a flood but otherwise you guys need to get into costume and get out there :)

I'd offer to come down but I'll be busy chasing the Last King.
:pThat pretty much sums up 2018, well done