Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Machine Shop Guys?

May as well ask if anyone has a metal lathe in their shop. I need something machined from aluminum round stock and will pay in copper pots, mirrors or rum but if you insist on cash I'll come up with that too

Hint: It's small and fishing related but will require some close tolerance work.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

2. Likes unknownflyman liked this post

Default Re: Machine Shop Guys?

Hey Ard,

I'm pretty sure we have a couple tool & die guys here but if not I have a guy next door that has a full machine shop and recently retired from Gilllette machining parts and he has made a few things in the past. I'd be happy to see if he can help you out if you like.

Ard, do you have a sketch or some numbers I can look at to get an idea of what you need. PM me if you like

Not to hijack your thread, Ard, but as a person whose entire experience with machine shops consists of watching guys on YouTube, any suggestions for a decent hobbyist metal lathe would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

I can't help with the lathe recommendation but I am happy to report that the problem is solved!

Solved through my (for lack of a better explanation) through my communication skills and if I may add a diplomatic approach. I will write out the details either on a thread or most likely a blog post here. When I have it told I'll post a thread linking the Forum blog so it will be easy to find.

On a personal level I'm pretty amazed that I was able to get what I needed from one of if not the largest fishing tackle manufacturers and sellers in America. For me it has been another learning experience and a lesson in 'Don't give up' attitude.

More to come, thanks for the replies but I think it's a done deal

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Hit up speyco.

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    I can't help with the lathe recommendation but I am happy to report that the problem is solved!

Solved through my (for lack of a better explanation) through my communication skills and if I may add a diplomatic approach. I will write out the details either on a thread or most likely a blog post here. When I have it told I'll post a thread linking the Forum blog so it will be easy to find.

On a personal level I'm pretty amazed that I was able to get what I needed from one of if not the largest fishing tackle manufacturers and sellers in America. For me it has been another learning experience and a lesson in 'Don't give up' attitude.

More to come, thanks for the replies but I think it's a done deal
    Glad you got it figured out. If you ever need anything like that again let me know. I can most likely make it for you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unknownflyman View Post
    Hit up speyco.
    Pretty sure Tim would help but see the post above, problem solved. I literally talked someone into helping me but did it in written messages. I'm a believer in the power of the written word!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rc51sport View Post
    Glad you got it figured out. If you ever need anything like that again let me know. I can most likely make it for you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Don't worry I'll save this thread so I never forget. And thank you! If ever you think you wanna see this place while it's still kinda neat you need to drop a PM to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    Pretty sure Tim would help but see the post above, problem solved. I literally talked someone into helping me but did it in written messages. I'm a believer in the power of the written word!
    And copper pots, apparently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast