Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
    Detroit Lakes, Minnesota and Bozeman, Montana

Default Denver Fly Fishing Show

My wife and I just returned from attending the Denver Fly Fishing Show. As a first time visitor I would give the show an “A” and downtown Denver a “B”. I thought the number and variety of vendors at the Denver Mart was excellent. The fly tying demonstrations and the casting demonstrations were also excellent. I would rate Gary Borger as the best casting teacher, although others were very good as well. The show also had many destination oriented presentations which, understandably, painted a rather rosy picture of each river’s quality and quantity of fishing. Many boats at the show too. I was very close to pulling the trigger on Dave Scadden’s two person Dragon Fly model ($2,500) But ultimately decided to hold off.
    We stayed downtown at the Crawford Hotel at Union Station. If you like bars and restaurants, downtown Denver has lots of them. In summary, we enjoyed the show and am glad we went. Staying downtown is expensive though.

2. Likes cooutlaw, Ard, mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Denver Fly Fishing Show

I've went a couple times when I lived down there, it's been quite a while though. Glad to hear you had a good time.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

4. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Default Re: Denver Fly Fishing Show

Quote Originally Posted by 100954 View Post
    My wife and I just returned from attending the Denver Fly Fishing Show. As a first time visitor I would give the show an “A” and downtown Denver a “B”. I thought the number and variety of vendors at the Denver Mart was excellent. The fly tying demonstrations and the casting demonstrations were also excellent. I would rate Gary Borger as the best casting teacher, although others were very good as well.
    Gary taught me to cast so he's the only instructor I have known. Jason isn't too bad either. :^))

For those who are close enough and want to see Gary, he will be at the following shows as well. Tell him Henry sent you.......

Marlborough, MA—January 18, 19, 20
    Edison N–January 25, 26, 27
    Atlanta GA–February 1, 2
    Lynwood, WA–Feb 16, 17
    Pleasanton, CA–February 22, 23, 24
    Lancaster, PA–March 9, 10
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

6. Likes mcnerney liked this post