Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Double hand casting ruining your single hand casts

I think one handing is more of a habit, especially to the older timers. Tough to get away from if you can play the game well and every presentation situation changes. I really enjoy the function of two handing but certainly, and regularly, find myself using one hand.

Racquetball never hurt my tennis stroke, cricket never hurt my baseball swing... as two handing should never hurt your single handed approach.

2. Likes Ard liked this post

No, it didn't hurt my single hand casting a bit. I just needed sometime to get it back again on that day and able to fish it as the usual.

off topic: I can't relate to racquetball, tennis, cricket nor baseball since I don't play them, but I am pretty good at badminton.
    I don't always catch fish; but when I do I scream like a little girl.

Blog Entries

Looking back 40 years ago Hans I was involved in some very spirited Badminton matches both singles & doubles. It always seemed a laid back picnic game until you began to find several 6'5" athletic types on either side of the net.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

5. Likes bocast liked this post

Wow...good for you Ard.

The "outsiders" think badminton is a picnic game, but actually it is a brutal game when played seriously.

Ard, which discipline did you enjoy more the single or the double? In my case, I am very aggressive in double with jump smashes and net interception, but I am playing a more defensive games when I am playing single. I played badminton for my whole live and tried to be a pro specializing in mens double when I was 14. I was very good, but there were kids who were better than me.

You can watch top pros on BWF (Badminton World Federation) channel on youtube in the series of world tournament. The best mens double right now is the Indonesian Minions. They are only 5'7" but very rarely anyone can defeat them.

7. Likes Ard liked this post
    Blog Entries

You were really into it, I was more of the casual player who could get serious if there were others who enjoyed a little intensity. Doubles were better than singles for me. That due to the fact that I played in a volleyball league for years and years so the set and smash was my game.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

By the way, just like fly fishing, badminton players are crazy about the latest carbon, the lightest, and the fastest rackets and gears as well and forget to hone their skills, footwork, tactic and game plan.

Blog Entries

Sadly all such sports are behind me, as it is I figure my knees may last if I just stick to fishing

However, like many other threads this one has rendered some memories that were way down in the stack. That's a big reason I continue to be active on the forum, the memories. There's hardly anything that can bring something you experienced 30 years ago right to the forefront like reading a question or reading through a discussion from others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12