Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Electronic License

If a paper license is lost it costs ($30 in Oregon) to purchase a duplicate. Don't ask how I know...

Last year I learned a trick of you loose your Oregon license. I lost my license, looked everywhere, then went off to Bi-Mart for a dupe. The gal at the counter says "Normally you'd have to pay half the original cost, but since you had a combination (hunting/fishing) license, I can add a migratory HIP and reprint your license for free."

I went with paper this year. Now if I lose it I can just print a new one. I don't normally carry a cell phone when fishing, since I'm usually out of range. The phone license would mean just one more thing to carry and keep charged.

I didn't have a combo and of course I later found the original. I only pay $6 for a pioneer license now and it's on my phone. I'll probably print off a paper copy too and keep it in my waders.

Quote Originally Posted by ggriffi View Post
    Missouri has online purchase as well as a phone app.
    They also have a card for additional $2.00 with your permit number on it (not the conservation card). This is so you don't have to have your phone with you.
    RJ

5. Likes ggriffi liked this post

Here in Ontario I have to purchase an Outdoors card that looks like a credit card. On the back of it is stamped fishing licence, and small game hunting, if you do both. You can purchase the outdoors card and your fishing/small game licence for 3 years at a time. I renewed mine last year so have 2 years before I need to renew.

Personally I think the licence system is out of hand, here anyway. The money in my province was supposed to go to fish and wildlife but of coarse next gov't elected just takes money for general coffers....so sad.
    Life is too short to not own at least one piece of Hardy fly fishing gear

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123