Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Question Fishpond Switchback Wading Belt System?

These are fairly new to the market. It seems on paper to be a nice setup with the sliding pack which allows you to access the pack without unhooking the belt. Its sorta a cross between a sling and lumbar pack. Has anyone given it a try, if so what are your thoughts ?

Switchback Wading Belt System

Default Re: Fishpond Switchback Wading Belt System?

I’m a pack junky and try almost anything that is a different approach, but I don’tike fanny packs because they get soaked if you wade very deep. From the photos this looks as if it would have the same problem.

But I’m liable to give it a try anyway. Doubt that it would replace my Umpqua chest pack, but there are aspects of this design that interest me.

Don

Do

3. Default Re: Fishpond Switchback Wading Belt System?

Quote Originally Posted by sparsegraystubble View Post
    I’m a pack junky and try almost anything that is a different approach, but I don’tike fanny packs because they get soaked if you wade very deep. From the photos this looks as if it would have the same problem.

But I’m liable to give it a try anyway. Doubt that it would replace my Umpqua chest pack, but there are aspects of this design that interest me.

Don

Do

I too am a pack (and overall gear) junkie. I feel like I have tried them all. This new offering looks pretty slick, but I always seem to get waist packs wet by wading too deep. I recently purchased the Fishpond Thunderhead Chest pack. Iím looking forward to using it for minimalist(ish) evenings out on the water.

Thunderhead Chest Pack

Default Re: Fishpond Switchback Wading Belt System?

I generally like Fishpond stuff- but find myself frustrated when they miss the small details and wonder who they've got on their design team. This thing should have a lock out to keep the loaded pack from moving around when you're scrambling over rocks, down steep slopes, etc- and the net holder is gonna be a source of constant frustration. It's not rigid enough to allow easy placement of the net behind your back, unlike the Umpqua design.

The new Simms G4 backpack is a much more thought out design
    IMHO. Although the price is gonna scare most people away.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk