Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  68
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: Top two destinations if you had the time

Thatís awesome! I tried catching those in the Yukon last year when I was working up there but no luck!

Quote Originally Posted by rfb700 View Post
    Great Slave Lake trib Northwest territories for Inconnu, the tarpon of the north.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    awesome fish! I tried fishing for those in the Yukon last year when I was working up there, but no like.

The cheapest place I could target BIG GTs would be my number one choice, wherever that may be??

My second choic would probably be Yukon/NWT or Alaska!

I think my top 2, if I had the time, would be Patagonia for trout, and a fly-in trip somewhere in Canada for big pike, preferably early in the season when you can sight fish for them. I'm not interested in some super fancy lodge experience in either location - just a basic trip with dawn to dusk fishing and great memories!

Neither of these is cheap, but also not so expensive that they seem out of reach. At this point in my life, the time away from work is the limiting factor that keeps these as "someday" trips.

Love to fish the Amazon for a couple weeks then some place for big Brookies like the Nipigon river in Canada or some place like Mexico for LMB

Assuming I didnít have to work, had the funds and extended time....
    Iíd love to fly into the US and do an extended road trip, from perhaps April through to the end of Nov. My geographical knowledge of exactly where to head would need some serious work... but along the lines of East to West coast, so fly into New York or somewhere similar and hit all the trout states heading west... zig zagging my way and eventually ending up in somewhere like Seattle.... to do it well could take a few years.... but you did say if I had the time

Iíd also like to spend 6 months in NZ with a few weeks in Tas on route

Suriname for Wolf Fish and the island of Fyn in Denmark for Seatrout.

Costa rica for bill fish and Mongolia/Russia for Tamans.
    flyfishingnwmontana.blogspot.com

Well it seems work and family have changed my two realistic destinations for this year. I know am looking at a early trip to Algonquin Park for Speckles and Lake Trout, will be doing some river fishing but plenty of lake fishing as they will be close to the surface just after ice out. Second will be difficult but will like to hit the Gaspe Region of Quebec or hit the Miramichi River for a long weekend for Speckles and Atlantic's - realistic and my goal now for this summer.
    Life is too short to not own at least one piece of Hardy fly fishing gear

I've been fortunate to go to some pretty good fishing spots over the years. I spent five weeks in Seychelles which is, to date, the best saltwater inshore/flats fishing I've done. For freshwater, I don't think anything I've done has topped SE Alaska.

I used to have vastly more patience with air travel than I do now so I'm glad I got those trips in during my 30's when I could still tolerate endless hours crossing oceans, layovers, jet lag, etc. I'm headed down to Mexico in a few weeks but I try to avoid those aluminum tubes in the sky now as much as possible.

Nowadays? I am rather content chasing carp and trout in Wyoming and Colorado. All the stamps in multiple passport stamps remind me of all the great places around the world, the odometer in my Jeep reminds me of how good it is within a day of my front door.

A river runs threw it looks Awesome.... And 1st Choice Patagonia, for some big girls...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456